Latest Posts

Topic: Improving the AI

Tibor
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-28, 18:18

I made changes to scoring used to AI training penalting too many unoccupied productionsites. After newest AI branch (about roads) I will merge it and use for next round of training... I wonder what difference it will make...

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-29, 21:37

Tibor wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Looks like it's already implemented. My idea was that each component of the AI can be trained separately.

This is not bad idea, but currently all DNA numbers are messed up together, so it would be quite painfull to separate them into corresponding areas - but possible.

However, I dont see this as a way to speed up training, because it would take the same time and only part of AI would benefit from it...

Would it? That's hard to believe to me. Currently it looks like any progress in one of the 15 areas could result in degeneration in the 14 other areas. So training all 15 areas separately might even be worth the effort. It can also be done better by several trainers at once. Currently a group of trainers can hardly be more effective than a single trainer.

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
Tibor
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-29, 22:06

Yes, you are right at the end. However only about 4 or so areas involve genetic algorithm, there is still so much hand-made code in the AI...

If we had more machines to train on, we could split the training and speed it up that way.... but currently with one machine I am not sure it is worth the effort. But the concept is good.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-30, 21:04

Tibor wrote:

Yes, you are right at the end. However only about 4 or so areas involve genetic algorithm, there is still so much hand-made code in the AI...

Interesting. Maybe that's one of the reasons why the training is not super effective...

If we had more machines to train on, we could split the training and speed it up that way.... but currently with one machine I am not sure it is worth the effort. But the concept is good.

Thanks

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
Tibor
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-30, 22:01

AI is about 10 000 lines of C++ code, so definitely it is not only genetic algorithm...

Top Quote