Latest Posts

Topic: New tab to stock display

teppo

Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-07-01, 10:10

I often use the wares at warehouse window (under statistics / stock) to see the health status of economy: If there are some wares of each type around, things work.

This of course means that I must stock a bit of everything, which is inefficient.

I have been thinking about having yet another tab, which would quote

• the average time from request to assignment (to reveal lacking production), and
  • the average time from ware assignment to delivery (to reveal transportation issues).

Both separately for each ware. The average times would of course be calculated for recent requests/deliveries.

Would this be an useful enhancement?

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-07-01, 16:25

We already have a statistic for that. Statistics -> Ware statistic -> Economy Health

Top Quote
teppo

Topic Opener
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-07-01, 17:31

We already have a statistic for that. Statistics -> Ware statistic -> Economy Health

I thought that economy health shows the difference between production and consumption. There is a difference between just-on-time production and constant shortage, but those seem similar in economy health. With all wares active, the graph can be messy. Maybe I have misunderstood something?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-07-01, 21:29

Would this be an useful enhancement?

Maybe yes, sounds interesting. And it doesn't have that much disadvantages in the game, it just makes the ware statistics a little bit more crowded, but I don't consider this a problem.

teppo wrote:

I thought that economy health shows the difference between production and consumption. There is a difference between just-on-time production and constant shortage, but those seem similar in economy health. With all wares active, the graph can be messy. Maybe I have misunderstood something?

I don't think so, it looks for me rather that stonerl misunderstood something...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote