Polls

Default Game Speed

Log in to vote!

Latest Posts

Topic: Dismantle automatic?

mxb2001
Avatar
Joined: 2019-05-20, 18:49
Posts: 50
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 03:11

When you dismantle a building that stores stuff is it lost or does it get teleported to HQ? I have not seen dismantled mines send their rations back along with the building materials that get scavenged. Does one, in fact, have to reduce stocks to 0 before dismantling? Ouch. <cringes> at thought of all the lost scarce wares...


Top Quote
GunChleoc
Avatar
Joined: 2013-10-07, 15:56
Posts: 3058
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: RenderedRect
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 07:45

The wares get lost.

We have an open bug about it https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1152674


Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
trimard
Joined: 2009-03-05, 22:40
Posts: 206
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Location: Paris
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 10:53

Yes for the moment being you have to be extra careful when dismantling certain building. You have to be patient, there is a small latency between the moment you set the stock to 0 and the moment they effectively are removed from the building.

For removing a warehouse you have a button to remove any selected ware from the building. But be careful with that one, there is more in a warehouse than you can put on road (I don't actually know the limit). I would recommend only removing the high value resources (likes ores). Maybe you don't need to salvage those 450 fish you have in stock face-tongue.png


Top Quote
watchcat
Avatar
Joined: 2018-01-03, 16:42
Posts: 73
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 11:07

trimard wrote:

Yes for the moment being you have to be extra careful when dismantling certain building. You have to be patient, there is a small latency between the moment you set the stock to 0 and the moment they effectively are removed from the building.

As it takes some time, leave the window open when you skip to other parts of your map, because you will eventually forget to dismantle/upgrade the building otherwise. Done that. Done that more than once face-tongue.png


Top Quote
trimard
Joined: 2009-03-05, 22:40
Posts: 206
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Location: Paris
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 11:14

Damn I forgot about that, you're right, thanks watchcat! It's also a pretty useful technique when you are waiting for a building to be dismantle before replacing it face-smile.png


Top Quote
ModellbahnerTT
Joined: 2009-07-19, 11:58
Posts: 62
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 15:55

trimard wrote: But be careful with that one, there is more in a warehouse than you can put on road (I don't actually know the limit).

The limit is 8 I think but the bigger problem at a warehouse will be the big traffic around that can be make an big traffic jam which down your economy.


Top Quote
mxb2001
Avatar
Joined: 2019-05-20, 18:49
Posts: 50
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 19:52

Thanks, and useful to learn that there is a limit on the number of wares at a node? 8? Don't think I've dismantled a warehouse, oh wait I did dismantle the port in crossing the horizon (the map that I later found out has been fixed re: artifact unreachable) and saw all the people swarm out like ants. I watched them and wondered where they went (no place to go trapped on island) and checked stats and saw that indeed they die.


Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1436
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-02, 21:34

mxb2001 wrote:

Thanks, and useful to learn that there is a limit on the number of wares at a node? 8? Don't think I've dismantled a warehouse, oh wait I did dismantle the port in crossing the horizon (the map that I later found out has been fixed re: artifact unreachable) and saw all the people swarm out like ants. I watched them and wondered where they went (no place to go trapped on island) and checked stats and saw that indeed they die.

you... you killed all those people?

YOU MONSTER!!!!

face-tongue.png


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1271
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: GER
Posted at: 2019-06-03, 11:59

He didn't kill them, he just allowed them to use the vanishing spell...


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
mxb2001
Avatar
Joined: 2019-05-20, 18:49
Posts: 50
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-06-04, 03:32

you... you killed all those people?

YOU MONSTER!!!!

face-tongue.png

I've killed before and I shall kill again Muhahahaha!


Top Quote