Latest Posts

Topic: productivity percentage of buildings is wrong

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-12, 19:33

wl-zocker wrote:

You tripled it. Before: 5s sleep + 10s animation. Now: 5s sleep.

as i said, the actual time is like 19 seconds. the extra 4 seconds likely come from the miller going out to drop the flour and coming back. if i remember correctly, it takes 1.8 seconds for a worker to walk one step, so back and forth would be 3.6 seconds, coming very close to 19.

EDIT: that could be the remaining source of error, the 3.6 seconds that are part of the productive step but not the unproductive one

anyway, opening a bug report now

EDIT: bug report is here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1505401

Edited: 2015-10-12, 22:19

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-13, 12:30

Could you please also open a bug for the productivity that you calculated and that could be added to the help files? It might get buried otherwise.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-13, 16:19

GunChleoc wrote:

Could you please also open a bug for the productivity that you calculated and that could be added to the help files? It might get buried otherwise.

that sounds funny to me. the bugreport contains hundreds of reports, and while they can be sorted according to various criteria, it does little good. while in this forum there is maybe a thread per week, and they are in chronological order so a post willl be easy to find for a year more or less. i would never guess that something could be buried in the forum but not in the bugreport. plus, given its name, i had assumed it was to, you know, report bugs. not improve help dialogue.

anyway, since i was there, i tried a few more experiments. I got

• atlantean farm: roughly 80 seconds. Needs 4 fields. Productivity does not increase with more than 4 fields. Surprisingly, even with 3 fields productivity drops only moderately.
  • atlantean blackroot farm: roughly 80 seconds.
  • barbarian farm: 100 seconds (why it's slower?)
  • imperial bakery: 34 seconds
  • imperial brewery: 65 seconds
  • imperial piggery: 60 seconds
  • imperial tavern: 36 seconds
  • imperial inn: 85 seconds to make one ration AND one meal. If economy only needs one, 48 seconds to make either. Strange that the inn would take longer than the tavern to make a ration.

I opened a "bug report", for lack of a better name. Here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1505723

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-10-13, 20:27

Think of the bug reports as a todo-list face-wink.png

SirVer sometimes runs a script that will bump old bug reports, so they never really get forgotten, while the forums contain all kinds of discussion, and one has to remember that it's there.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote