Latest Posts

Topic: AI patch suggestion

Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-05-17, 12:22

Hm, it just looks like you committed 3 additional versions to your local repo, but did not do a push to your branch on launchpad. BZR is a distributed CVS, so getting things "online" always needs two steps, the committing and the pushing.

Edited: 2014-05-17, 12:22

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-05-17, 20:46

Thanks for explanation, you are right, of course, I just forgot about "push". face-sad.png

A while ago I did a push and now it should be in "mergeable" state...

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-05-29, 19:31

HI,

thanks to Tino I have windows binary of my AI branch:

http://widelands.8-schuss.de/widelands_tibor_ai.exe

I encourage anybody test it.

It is based on current trunk and there is a problem with animation.cc file - the game crashes, I hope the problem will be fixed soon in trunk. But usually the game is able to run for few hours without crashing face-smile.png face-smile.png

Feedback welcommed.

Who doesnt know - it is possible to run AI-only game and just watch the progress of all players - it is done via network game...

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-06-23, 21:45

Hi all,

short update about my work on new AI:

Few days ago I found that AI in trunk is badly broken, I hope it will be fixed soon, but in the meantime current version of AI can be get here:

bzr branch lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/tibor-ai2

some of late changes:
* now it counts fishes and animals in vicinity and builds and dismantle hunters and fishers accordingly (those buildings were built "blindly" before !)
* I added some logic about which building to pick in what situation (if near enemy, or during expansion, or near mountains/mines) - AI now takes into account cost (building material) and capacity and vision of military buidings (idea from wl-zocker)
* I changed the attacking logic, AI now takes into account also enemy soldiers in near buildings (this needs further tweaking)

As usuall testing needed and feedback welcomed!

Edited: 2014-06-23, 21:47

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-07-01, 20:54

Windows version of the AI (compilation of tibor-ai2 branch) can be now downloaded here:

http://widelands.8-schuss.de/

(thanks to Tino)

Top Quote
Tibor

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-07-17, 21:08

Hi,

for all interested, I created new branch for AI: tibor-ai5, changes will be quite limited:

1. more sparse roads, AI creates too many roads and they reduces avaiable spots for buildings and crops. Now, road create 'wide loops' - if terrain allows, as on image

feedback needed as usuall.

2. fix in military - better placing of buildings, this is something less visible.

3. change of prioritization of buildings - this is critical in early stages of game, f.e. with atlanteans - initial stock of spidercloth must be used wisely. Here I modified "preciosness" values and also add another ai hint "prohibited_till" - this just says to AI do not build particular building before x seconds after game start. I use this to prohibit big military buildings on the begining of the game - they just spend a lot of material when fast and cheap expansion is needed..

As usual comments are welcomed :)

Top Quote