Latest Posts

Topic: How to convert .wrpl files to AVI or MOV?

klarue

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-06-06, 14:10

Hi - my son is playing War Thunder, which I think writes out .wrpl files when you record gameplay. Does anyone know how to take a .wrpl file and convert it into a .avi or .mov file so that we can put epic battles on YouTube?

Thanks, Kevin

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-06, 16:37

hi Kevin,

The Widelands replay Format includes only the player commands that are used in the game - if you replay it, Widelands uses these commands to build up exactly the same game. so the replay has little in common with a movie format.

however what you can do, is to capture your screen as movie - there are quite some good and free programs available online.

cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote
klarue

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-06-06, 17:05

Nasenbaer wrote: hi Kevin, The Widelands replay Format includes only the player commands that are used in the game - if you replay it, Widelands uses these commands to build up exactly the same game. so the replay has little in common with a movie format. however what you can do, is to capture your screen as movie - there are quite some good and free programs available online. cheers Nasenbaer

Thanks Nasenbaer!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2013-06-06, 22:07

I think there is a big misunderstanding here :). This forum is about Widelands - not war thunder. And the files war thunder writes have nothing to do with the ones that Widelands writes - except for the extension .wrpl. We cannot help you with your problem klarue - but you should really check out Widelands face-smile.png

Top Quote
klarue

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2013-06-06, 22:16

SirVer wrote: I think there is a big misunderstanding here . This forum is about Widelands - not war thunder. And the files war thunder writes have nothing to do with the ones that Widelands writes - except for the extension .wrpl. We cannot help you with your problem klarue - but you should really check out Widelands

Not such a big misunderstanding, now that you've cleared it up. face-wink.png Thanks again guys!

Top Quote