Latest Posts

Topic: Dutch Transaltions

FvZ
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-05-13, 17:53

Hi all,

I would like you to know that I just completed the Dutch translations of the game (for now).

Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes by changing the wording in a few places, e.g. "bouwplaats" instead of "werf", which is probably only used in Belgium. I only tried to improve consistency and readability for all Dutch speakers.

Also, if my translations are deemed useful, can someone please add my name to the translator-credits field? FvZ will suffice. I don't seem to have the right permissions to do it myself.

Cheers!

Top Quote
FvZ
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-05-13, 17:55

*Translations, BTW, in the title face-smile.png

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-13, 18:09

Moin and welcome in the forums face-smile.png

I would like you to know that I just completed the Dutch translations of the game (for now).

Great face-smile.png

Also, if my translations are deemed useful, can someone please add my name to the translator-credits field? FvZ will suffice. I don't seem to have the right permissions to do it myself.

Done

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-05-13, 19:25

FvZ wrote:

Hi all,

thanks for the contribution from my side as well.

Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes by changing the wording in a few places, e.g. "bouwplaats" instead of "werf", which is probably only used in Belgium. I only tried to improve consistency and readability for all Dutch speakers.

Generally we have a glossary in transifex for this so if there is something you are not happy with it should be changed in the glossary as well. If you are unsure you could whether you step on somebodies toes just have a look at the team of your language and try to contact the reviewers of the language in a comment on the string in question you might start each comment with the @<name_of_a_reviewer> tag to get him/her an email sent.

Top Quote
FvZ
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-05-14, 12:11

Nordfriese wrote:

Done

Thank you!

hessenfarmer wrote:

If you are unsure you could whether you step on somebodies toes just have a look at the team of your language and try to contact the reviewers of the language in a comment on the string in question you might start each comment with the @<name_of_a_reviewer> tag to get him/her an email sent.

That makes sense, I'll keep it in mind.

Top Quote
stdh
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2020-07-09, 14:43

Hello FvZ, congratulations on your translations!

I have been working on the Dutch translations before, I don't think we actually have reviewers for our language. It's a good idea to improve readability for all Dutch speakers, for instance I wasn't aware that 'werf' is not a common word in the North...

In the last few days I've been play-testing Widelands again. I've made some small adjustments to your translations, they landed in git master today. Hopefully I didn't step on your toes.

Top Quote
FvZ
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-07-09, 18:17

stdh wrote:

Hello FvZ, congratulations on your translations!

I have been working on the Dutch translations before, I don't think we actually have reviewers for our language. It's a good idea to improve readability for all Dutch speakers, for instance I wasn't aware that 'werf' is not a common word in the North...

In the last few days I've been play-testing Widelands again. I've made some small adjustments to your translations, they landed in git master today. Hopefully I didn't step on your toes.

No problem!

Where I'm from, 'werf' equals 'scheepswerf', so I was surprised to learn there's a broader use for it in the South. However, what I've seen of your translations seems to be of excellent quality overall and I'm confident you were able to improve mine in quite a few places.

I'm excited to play build 21 soon, fully translated and all!

Top Quote