Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: The current state of the blender script file?

SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-08, 16:13

Should I commit all these in the same personal branch or should I make a new branch for each commit?

Once branch is fine. But why not commit to trunk directly and push too? Right now you are the only person working on the media branches and code reviews is hard to do in blender scripts.

Is bzr keeping track of the old .blend files so I can delete the old versions without worry?

Yes. Do them all in one commit and make the commit message meaningful and we can find them. The biggest problem is that probably nobody remembers what was in the media repository at some point though, since it is not as actively developed as the rest of widelands currently. But as long as you stick around face-smile.png

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-08, 22:11

But why not commit to trunk directly and push too? Right now you are the only person working on the media branches and code reviews is hard to do in blender scripts.

While that is true, I don't think I'm confident enough in my knowledge in bzr to commit directly to the trunk. For now at least.

And thanks for the answers face-smile.png

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 00:34

Ok first step should be done now. Gunchleoc do that solves your problem of texture with the barbarian buildings?

https://code.launchpad.net/~trimardio/widelands/widelands-media

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 09:20

trimard wrote:

But why not commit to trunk directly and push too? Right now you are the only person working on the media branches and code reviews is hard to do in blender scripts.

While that is true, I don't think I'm confident enough in my knowledge in bzr to commit directly to the trunk. For now at least.

I do it this way (depending on the kind of change, you could make the changes directly in trunk, e.g. when just adding images):

1. Make a branch: brz branch trunk my_changes (assuming you are in the directory widelands-media-repo)
  2. change the newly created branch, e.g.:
    - Add directorys: bzr mkdir directory
    - Adding files: bzr add path/to/file
  3. cd to widelands-media-repo/trunk
  4. run bzr merge ../my_changes
  5. run bzr commit -m "description of change"
  6. run bzr push (when pushing the first time it's bzr push :parent)

The last command pushes only the changes to launchpad, so not the whole 4GB are uploaded face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 11:21

This is the result that I get when I render the Barbarian Lumberjack's Hut in Blender for Windows, version 2.76b:

Creative haircut

So, your branch doesn't fix it for me.

I loaded the blend, ran innerBuilding.py and then rendered the building view.

Edited: 2017-01-18, 11:23

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 11:42

I do it this way (depending on the kind of change, you could make the changes directly in trunk, e.g. when just adding images):

Make a branch: brz branch trunk my_changes (assuming you are in the directory widelands-media-repo)
change the newly created branch, e.g.:
- Add directorys: bzr mkdir directory
- Adding files: bzr add path/to/file
cd to widelands-media-repo/trunk
run bzr merge ../my_changes
run bzr commit -m "description of change"
run bzr push (when pushing the first time it's bzr push :parent)

The last command pushes only the changes to launchpad, so not the whole 4GB are uploaded face-smile.png

Yes that's what I did, except for the merge part. Is that really necessary?

This is the result that I get when I render the Barbarian Lumberjack's Hut in Blender for Windows, version 2.76b:

aaaaa That's because it's not a problem with the scripts. It's the particle system that changed a bit in the new blender versions. I know I have the same problem with atlatean headquarter.

We ought to fix that case by case face-plain.png

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 18:46

trimard wrote:

Yes that's what I did, except for the merge part. Is that really necessary?

From what i can see is that you have your own branch pushed to launchpad. If you merge your branch into trunk

cd to widelands-media-repo/trunk
bzr merge ../my_changes

the changes you made in branch my_changes get in to trunk. During commiting

bzr commit -m "description of change"

the changes get versioned, trunk get an additional revision, and it is ready to push:

bzr push

The main branch on launchpad is then updated.

Hopefully this will clarify your question.

Looks very nice face-grin.png

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 19:00

Forgotton: Maybe GunChleoc has to put you in the development team before you can push to trunk...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-19, 19:35

Done!

BTW your branch accidentally ended up in widelands rather than widelands-media. Here is how to fix it:

Run:

bzr push lp:~widelands-media-dev/widelands-media/<your_branch>

Note that this will also give access to the whole widelands-media-dev group to your branch, because I changed ~trimardio to ~widelands-media-dev.

Then go to https://code.launchpad.net/~trimardio/widelands/widelands-media to delete the old branch.

Edited: 2017-01-19, 19:35

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-01-22, 17:09

Ok I'll try that after some tests. Seems a bit odd to me compared to git. I would like to make sure I understand what I do :P. Thanks for the help!

To stay on topic with the commits. What we really need is to render all the models > put them in a very simple format (like path_to_render = ../render/path_to_blend) and thus we would test in bulk all the blend that might currently bug (like the forester hut).

I think I will lose too much time trying to make the paths perfect. And I prefer to wait a bit that some older graphists can confirm the decisions. So on to that I go!

Top Quote