Wi Hack 2010 Reloaded
News and Changelogs
- There is a Thread in the forum. Be sure to keep reading it.
What it is
Here we go again, the last WiHack (Wihacktwentyten) was a nice event and advanced Widelands, therefore we do it again. WiHack stands for either of the following:
- Widelands International Hacking and Coding (in) Karlsruhe 2010
- Widelands' International House of Affiliates Conference Karlsruhe 2010.
- Widelands: Intense Hours of Advancement Conference Karlsruhe 2010.
The idea is that players and developers can meet to play and advance Widelands together. Players of all ages/experience are welcome. The same for developers: experienced developers will be present at the meeting that have worked a lot on Widelands but complete newcomers are also very welcome to join in and we will help them to get up to speed quickly. See below for some projects that we plan to advance at the WiHack 2010 Reloaded.
Participating in the WiHack is free and everybody is welcome!
When / Where does it take place
The WiHack 2010 Reloaded will take place from the 29. of October (evening) - 1. of November (evening) at the rooms of the Entropia Karlsruhe e.V, Karlsruhe Germany:
You can find directions to the rooms here. There's also a link to Google Maps and Open StreetMap.
The cheapest way to sleep is at the Entropia: bring your sleeping pad and sleeping bags and lay down. There is also one shower. There are plenty of hotels and also a Jugendherberge for more expensive but more refreshing accommodations. Lastly, you can try to ask locals for a nice place to sleep; best be asking in the forum thread.
Karlsruhe is easily reachable by train. From the Hauptbahnhof, you can take nearly all S-Bahns (at least S1, S4, S11 and the 2) to the Marktplatz/Pyramide. From there, you go straightly east into the Zähringerstraße, two roads later, you turn right into the Adlerstraße. The next crossroad, you will be on a small plaza with a fountain. Cross this plaza; there is a big gate which already has some signs leading to the Entropia and the Café Palaver (and other stuff). Enter this gate and you come into a small courtyard, enter the house on the left and you are at the WiHack 2010 Reloaded.
Try to ask in the forum thread if you search others to travel together.
Here we collect fast ideas what we want to tackle:
- New multiplayer launch game menu and shared kingdom behaviour (Nasenbaer)
- Lua stuff, Atlanteans Campaign (SirVer, Nasenbaer)
- Lua worker programs (if SirVer feels hackish!)
- Implementation of Blueprintmenus
- Help system?
- Maybe merge and roll out the GGZ branch.
- Help system?
I will show up
- Holger (SirVer)
- Nicolai (ixprefect)
- Tim (Tmk)
- Peter (Nasenbaer) from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon
- Jens (QCS) from Saturday late morning to Monday evening
- Joachim (nomeata) from Friday evening to Saturday afternoon (~3pm)
- Timo (timowi) from Saturday morning to Monday