Latest Posts

Topic: Unpack WRPL File

frogs
Avatar
Joined: 2021-03-04, 05:56
Posts: 2
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2021-03-04, 06:00

Hello! I am looking for a way to unpack/decode a .wrpl file. I understand this is the first place it was used. I have looked at the forums and have not found anything that could tell me how to read the contents of the file. I cant open it with notepad to extract the data, and im unsure of how to proceed. Any suggestions?


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1735
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2021-03-04, 10:40

frogs wrote:

Hello! I am looking for a way to unpack/decode a .wrpl file. I understand this is the first place it was used. I have looked at the forums and have not found anything that could tell me how to read the contents of the file. I cant open it with notepad to extract the data, and im unsure of how to proceed. Any suggestions?

Hi and welcome.
The file is binary. May I ask for what purpose you wan't to decode it?


Top Quote
frogs
Avatar
Joined: 2021-03-04, 05:56
Posts: 2
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2021-03-05, 03:28

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi and welcome.
The file is binary. May I ask for what purpose you wan't to decode it?

Hi! its a file from another game outside wildlands that uses this particular file. I am trying to decode it so that I can pull some information out of it - like game information, player count, names, vehicles used, etc. so that I can collate that information and feed it into a bot for a discord server that tracks our teams stats. Is this possible to decode or pull out the information from that file? I understand that the .wrpl file is really a list of commands that is read and a game constructs the save file or replay based off of those commands.


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1735
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2021-03-05, 11:10

frogs wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi and welcome.
The file is binary. May I ask for what purpose you wan't to decode it?

Hi! its a file from another game outside wildlands that uses this particular file. I am trying to decode it so that I can pull some information out of it - like game information, player count, names, vehicles used, etc. so that I can collate that information and feed it into a bot for a discord server that tracks our teams stats. Is this possible to decode or pull out the information from that file? I understand that the .wrpl file is really a list of commands that is read and a game constructs the save file or replay based off of those commands.

Correct our .wrpl file is a list of commands used only for our replays (save game use .wgf). However I doubt that any other game can use the same format as we do as our commands should differ from any other game. So I believe the other game uses just the same file extension and not the same format.
If you want to try it anyway you could look in our source code on github where you might find some information about the construction of our file (starting point might be src/logic/replay.cc)


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1895
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2021-03-05, 12:53

Btw Widelands is NOT "Ghost Recon Wildlands" ; )


Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote