Latest Posts

Topic: Launchpad French translation

NonoSan

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-02-12, 09:43

Salut à tous !

Je participe à la traduction en Français via launchpad, y'en a t'il sur ce fofo qui y participent également ?

Ce serait peut-être pas mal de pouvoir en discuter ici afin d'harmoniser nos traductions !

Cordialement

Top Quote
Kristin

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-02-12, 23:19

Salut! Je viens de m'enregistrer sur launchpad aussi. T'as raison avec l'harmonisation. Je n'ai pas trouvé une solution pour chercher un mot dans tous les domaines de widelands (widelands, maps, atlanteans, barbarians), seulement dans une seule. Ça serait pratique e.g. pour les noms des immeubles + matières. As-tu trouvé une solution pour trouver rapidement ces vocabulaires? Ailleurs, je ne suis pas française (malheureusement) et donc je suis bien reconnaissante de ce bouton "review" pour pouvoir quand même participer... Ciao!

Top Quote
Kristin

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-11-01, 12:57

Salut,

je viens de voir que l'englais "Dungeon" (site d'entraînement des Atlantes) est traduit en français par "Donjon". Ce n'est pas une bonne traduction, parce qu'il existe aussi un bâtiment militaire (pas d'entraînement) des Barbares qui s'appelle "Donjon" en englais. Alors, il peut conduire à confusion chez les joueurs jouant qqfois en englais, qqfois en français. Et principalement une telle imbrication n'est belle non plus. Mais à l'autre côté, changer un nom d'un bâtiment peut aussi introduire de confusion au début.

Je suis quand même pour changer le nom français du bâtiment des Atlantes. Je ne suis pas française, alors deux propositions d'amateur: geôle ou aire de jeu.

Qu'est-ce qu vous en pensez? Changer ou non? Changer en quelle nouvelle nom?

Ciao, Kristin

Top Quote
Erti

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-01-20, 21:13

Hi kristin,

I m french, and "Donjon" for the both buildings (atlants and barbarians) sounds good to me. Because a "donjon" can be used in a military defence way or training. You can even say this for a jail sometimes.

Otherwise, among the atlants, there is a mistake on the building : "Cabane de pisciculteur". When you put the name and the description of the buildings, this one is "Construisez une cabane de pisciculteur" wich is wrong obviously ^^, it should be just like before : "Cabane de pisciculteur".

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-01-28, 21:21

Erti, you can fix this yourself (it might have been fixed already in development builds, can't say). Just have a look here

https://translations.launchpad.net/widelands

Get yourself an launchpad account and start translating/fixing translations. Help is much appreciated!!

Top Quote
neuro
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-08-17, 14:07

Hi everyone face-smile.png

In regards of the new changes involving the strings in widelands, i decided to register on the official Website; face-smile.png

Yay !!!

As i'm working for a few years on the french translation via launchpad, ( on an outside maner ), i realised that working in the background was cool, as free as in beer as your game. :) But was lacking of some bits of synchronization...

So, i register, and by this i think i could work in better ways. I noticed that the team is taking in consideration what external translator was doing "outside", and it was an adjunction of work. Sorry for that...

My first contribution as a registered member will be an updated french dictionnary.

Yay, just about some words why i decided to translate widelands;

Philosophy.

The game is GNU/GPL, the team as i "sense" it, is composed of lovers, fans, community members and free contributors. As well explained and developed around the game, it is not based on war and domination but more around the understanding of the needs an expanding basic society. This game is suitable for children, which is a very important point imo. Simpliest quests and home-made quests can be handle by 7 years old, (they loving it face-smile-big.png

By helping translate this project, i hope it can help foreign players to appreciate the feel, the efforts and all the things that make me thinks this project is a cool one. face-smile.png

Regards, from France.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-08-18, 23:06

Thank you for your contribution! face-smile.png

Yes, the team is all volunteer and we do it for fun in our free time.

Edited: 2014-08-18, 23:06

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
neuro
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2015-02-22, 02:09

hello all,

just get my hands on transifex.

Have hard time with work, but still here, and very positive impressions about changes.

Cheers everybody !

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-02-22, 09:07

Welcome back! Glad that you still want to help face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
neuro
Ranking
Pry about Widelands