Note: It was decided to not implement this blueprint.
I propose to add a new feature on Soldier Control (military sites, training sites and new comers Headquarters).
- Currently all military sites need a garrison of one soldier to conquer land, it does not matter if it is a simple barracks or a huge castle.
- This do note apply to Headquarters that allways count as occupied even if no soldiers inside.
- If a military site lose its soldiers and do not receive more reinforcements, nothing happens that reflects this lack of military presence.
- Training sites never conquer land.
- Add a new configuration option on tribe files for headquarters and militarysites: garrison.
- By default garrison has a value of 1 on military sites and 0 on headquarters.
- That value indicates the minimum number of soldiers that need to be located on the soldier control.
- Only when there are at least garrison soldiers inside attackables, they conquer the land.
- Player cannot lower capacity value below garrison value.
- Attackable sites with garrison 0 never will lose influence on land.
- When the attackable's ocupancy goes below garrison, because soldiers have died on an defense or at attack, a timer is raised.
- If the attackable do not recover the garrison soldiers after some time, may be 3 minutes or so, then the militarysite loses his influence: this do not mean that land is losed, this mean that land is losed only when other player reclaim for new land.
Future changes (still not implementable)
Timowi has report that he is improving economy code. I hope that with his improvements new features could rise up:
- Remove capacity from attackable
- Add new variable on Soldier Control: garrison_current
- garrison_current can be user modified in game from attackable.garrison up to soldiercontrol.max_capacity.
- Request to fullfill garrison soldiers gets very high priority
- Request to fullfill garrison_current soldiers gets high priority
- Soldier Control will try only to have at least garrison_current soldiers inside, so:
- If its ocupancy is higher than garrison_current and
- If there are any very important or important soldier request not fullfilled
- Then Soldier Control should send a soldier to fill the request
- Old savegames should load old capacity on garrison_current, because it is more or less the same that player want to acheive.
This is last part is the implementation proposal of military part for this feature request and this stocklevels
Forum thread for discussion
Tagged with: archived