News: Build 19 release candidate is now available
Build 19 rc1 is available
The first build candidate of build 19 is available. Please download (see below) and test it. If no show stopper bugs show up, we will release build 19 in a few weeks.
Some of the highlights of this build are:
- Seafaring AI and other AI improvements
- Message filtering
- New in-game and in-editor help system
- Efficient graphics loading and rendering.
- New starting condition “Trading Outpost”
- New win condition “Artifacts”
- 4 Tutorials
- Improved Barbarians and Empire campaigns
- 3 new maps
- No separate worlds anymore. All terrains can now be used on all maps. Old maps stay compatible.
- No separate tribes anymore: Though in game the tribes still seem separate, they are in fact now the same tribe with different buildings and workers enabled. This allows for interesting concepts down the line like a mixed economy or trading.
- New animations, overlay images and icons
- New forested mountains terrains
- Many menu redesigns
- Improved support for non-Latin scripts and right-to-left languages
- Various small balance changes (for example more experience in mines, stronger barbarian soldiers)
- Behind the scenes: move to SDL 2, Build system refactoring, move to c++ 11, continuous integration, move to Transifex and merge bot. Also tons of cleanups to the code base.
It is imperative that this candidate is tested by as many people as possible! Please do so and provide feedback. You can find binaries for windows and Mac and sources for all other operating systems at:
5 comments Posted by GunChleoc on 2016-10-25, 20:30
Comments on this Post:
Reply to Original:
Log in to post comments!