Latest Posts

Topic: Wiki Recovery

SirVer

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-02-27, 23:32

Hey,

Just wanted to inform that i have recoverd most of the wiki. The only things missing are:

Forever Lost:

• DonationPage (Donation) ... no good URL, skipping! Don't know, no google cache available
  • NorthmenPage (Northmen) ... no good URL, skipping! The northmen haven't hit the cache yet

The following stuff was discareded by me, mostly because they are outdated.

• GameServerProtocolChatMessage (Game_Server_Protocol_Chat_Message) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolConnectPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Connect_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolGameEndedPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Game_ended_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolGameStartedPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Game_started_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolGetGameListPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Get_Game_List_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolHelloPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Hello_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolServerMessagePackage (Game_Server_Protocol_Server_Message_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • GameServerProtocolUserEnteredRoomPackage (Game_Server_Protocol_User_entered_Room_Package) ... no good URL, skipping!
  • User Pages
  • Talk Pages for the wiki sites

I will see how I can get them into the wiki tomorrow. Maybe I will only make the markdown and the original page available so that we can manually fix things up.

Greetings, SirVer

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-02-28, 09:22

While I've got nothing against markdown, I just tried to fix one story page (http://wl.widelands.org/wiki/EmpireStoryAnOutpostForExile/). It ended up that you can't make italic when there's a ' inside it, and ` doesn't work either. And I don't think using another markup is a solution, as it would be confusing for some people to find that half of the pages use markdown and another half textile or so. And the links images were left there on purpose, so later the images will be putted there.

And now as a reply to the post, I think that manually fixing everything is best, as it would prevent some stupid transitions.

Regards,
Soeb

Edited: 2009-02-28, 10:05

Top Quote
SirVer

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-02-28, 10:48

I realized that the markup module is bugged, I already replaced the one used in the news. I will later make sure that it is also used for the wiki.

Should we therefore remove all the other markup options? If so, we should maybe also make the forum use markup as default. I'm missing footnotes and tables in markdown, but there are options for that. I might will into them later on. Opinions?

I made the recovered pages available at http://widelands.org/~sirver/wiki_recover/results/

Each directory that was successfully retrieved contains a content.html (the google cache page) and a content.txt (the markdown) and all the pictures that were used on the site.

I suggest using a WikiPage (like WikiRecoveryStatus) to track the status of the reimport.

Greetings, SirVer

edit: fixed link

Edited: 2009-02-28, 10:48

Top Quote
SirVer

Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-02-28, 11:11
Soeb wrote:
It ended up that you can't make italic when there's a ' inside it, and ` doesn't work either.

This (and other markup bugs) should be fixed now in the wiki.

edit: See /wiki/SandBox

Greetings,
SirVer
Edited: 2009-02-28, 11:14

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-02-28, 14:40

OK, then I'll try to make some progress with it. And now the links are broken (they're weirdly displayed, but only in the wiki). As before it was MainPage now it is displayed as MainPage">MainPage (seems to me that it wants to make an a href=" tag). I hope this can be fixed too.

@EDIT: Now you can see my little test on WikiSandbox. First I thought it's just because of the bullet list, but as you can see now, it's broken anyway you put it on page.

Edited: 2009-02-28, 14:49

Top Quote