Latest Posts

Topic: Mines - Deep Mine - Deeper Mines

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-05, 11:18

Okay - dumb question for myself and maybe others that cant really figure out what the contents of the ressource mining page in the Wiki is actually supposed to tell us face-smile.png

Each new depth (or upgrade) of a mine:

-- gives access to a larger (or deeper) region, so you can mine on in the same place even when your original mine is exhausted.

-- bings an increase in mining speed, since more miners work at the site.

-- demands for a higher or different food supply.

-- demand for better trained miners.

Not all types of mines and not all tribes can / need to upgrade.

Have I forgotten anything?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Ex-Member
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2009-04-05, 11:31

Not all types of mines and not all tribes can / need to upgrade.

This depends on tribe. For example atlanteans' mines are like deeper mines of barbarians, but require more workers from the beginning for example. I think now it's all.

Edited: 2009-04-05, 11:32

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-06, 06:33

Yes - and Barabarians cannot build deep or deeper granite mines....

What strikes me, is that some granite mines (imperial) seem to produce a lot more than their iron or coal equivalent.

I remember having read that there is a certain chance even for exhausted mines to again find new ressources, but I can't find it again. Maybe that makes the difference.

In contrast to S2, WL mines go on working and keep consuming food endlessly, even when they are unproductive. I wished there was some clear indicator, telling me: this mine is finsihed.

I also do not really know: Do you have to wait for a mine to be exhausted before upgrading to a deeper mine, if you want to get a maximum out of it, or can you upgrade to deeper right away and get the same amount?

...and thanks Soeb for answering all this.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2009-04-06, 07:09

Astuur wrote: I remember having read that there is a certain chance even for exhausted mines to again find new ressources, but I can't find it again. Maybe that makes the difference.

Yes, this is the last parameter to the mine command (in %).

In contrast to S2, WL mines go on working and keep consuming food endlessly, even when they are unproductive. I wished there was some clear indicator, telling me: this mine is finsihed.

Changes are planned but some other things should be done first.

I also do not really know: Do you have to wait for a mine to be exhausted before upgrading to a deeper mine, if you want to get a maximum out of it, or can you upgrade to deeper right away and get the same amount?

One just has to wait until the workers have changed type.

Top Quote