Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Tempo Training Tournament

hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1340
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-04-02, 21:28

here is the replay


Attachment: speed_frisians.zip (427.9 KB)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1613
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: North of Germany
Posted at: 2020-04-02, 23:24

ektor wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Okay!

I'd like to mention a little bug here: Replays often end earlier than they should. Reason: Closing the match doesn't count as "action" and replays end with he last action.

So it mean that before closing I need to for exemple build something ?

It's not absolutely necessary, but it's nicer

What I do is pause the game, save it, and that's all... After that I take the two files of the replay and zip them.

You could also include the savegame in the zip, as this is part of the rules. Last time I uploaded the savegame for you (created from the replay -> so it's a multiplayer savegame).

I see a difference of time between the two files but don't understand why face-smile.png

The file with the earlier time is the savegame from which the replay starts. The other file, the replay file, get's its time when the last action was made.

As niektory notice, you can continue watching and you see the time when the Hero is finished face-smile.png

Yes, I did that face-smile.png

I'm happy that there are already two participants and I'm going to update the tables.


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Avatar
Joined: 2014-09-15, 18:35
Posts: 1621
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-04-02, 23:27

i will participate eventually. when i find the time. right now, working via internet is taxing me a lot


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1340
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 08:17

Also it is very late, may I propose a little change of the rules:
the first player of each table should get as much points as there are participants for this tribe. the second then will get one point less and so on.
by this we could get a ranking behind WorldSavior probably and might not end with him having 5 points the rest having 0 points.


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1613
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: North of Germany
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 14:06

hessenfarmer wrote:

Also it is very late, may I propose a little change of the rules:
the first player of each table should get as much points as there are participants for this tribe. the second then will get one point less and so on.
by this we could get a ranking behind WorldSavior probably and might not end with him having 5 points the rest having 0 points.

Good idea, I'd just use a slightly different point system: Let n be the biggest number of participants of the categories. Then winning a category gives n-1 points, being second n-2 points, being third n-3 points and so on.

Reason of n: If two players participate only in one category each, and both are the fastest, a player shouldn't get less points than the other just because in one category are more participants than in the other.

Is anyone against it? Or might there be even better point systems?

For the moment, I will change the rules accordingly.

Edit: Correction of my logic

Edited: 2020-04-03, 14:19

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1340
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 14:39

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Also it is very late, may I propose a little change of the rules:
the first player of each table should get as much points as there are participants for this tribe. the second then will get one point less and so on.
by this we could get a ranking behind WorldSavior probably and might not end with him having 5 points the rest having 0 points.

Good idea, I'd just use a slightly different point system: Let n be the biggest number of participants of the categories. Then winning a category gives n-1 points, being second n-2 points, being third n-3 points and so on.

Reason of n: If two players participate only in one category each, and both are the fastest, a player shouldn't get less points than the other just because in one category are more participants than in the other.

Is anyone against it? Or might there be even better point systems?

I see the point about having n. However your scheme is handling a categorie where only 1 participant is the same as if has not participated. so why not have n, n-1, n-2 and so on.

For the moment, I will change the rules accordingly.

Edit: Correction of my logic


Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1613
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: North of Germany
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 16:27

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Also it is very late, may I propose a little change of the rules:
the first player of each table should get as much points as there are participants for this tribe. the second then will get one point less and so on.
by this we could get a ranking behind WorldSavior probably and might not end with him having 5 points the rest having 0 points.

Good idea, I'd just use a slightly different point system: Let n be the biggest number of participants of the categories. Then winning a category gives n-1 points, being second n-2 points, being third n-3 points and so on.

Reason of n: If two players participate only in one category each, and both are the fastest, a player shouldn't get less points than the other just because in one category are more participants than in the other.

Is anyone against it? Or might there be even better point systems?

I see the point about having n. However your scheme is handling a categorie where only 1 participant is the same as if has not participated. so why not have n, n-1, n-2 and so on.

Yes, I'm changing it like that. To be honest, I have been confused for a while when I thought about the point system...


“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1340
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 18:56

so here is my first attempt on barbarians
amazons 6762


Attachment: speed_tournament_barbarians.wgf (148.2 KB)

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 1340
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2020-04-03, 18:57

and the replay


Attachment: speed_barbarians.zip (409.3 KB)

Top Quote
ektor
Avatar
Joined: 2016-06-16, 09:41
Posts: 69
Ranking
Likes to be here
Location: Occitanie
Posted at: 2020-04-04, 20:37

hessenfarmer wrote:

so here is my first attempt on barbarians
amazons 6762

GG! OK, 11:06 better... I've got to try that again. Well, but I'm already trying to make a hero out of the Empire, so it's a long shot face-grin.png

Edit= can I see this replay with the dev version of Ubuntu.18.04 ? Because with the build.20 I can't.

Edit2= I answer my question for information: no. With the bzr9244 version of the ppa I have access to the replay but it stay in PAUSE and can't play it.

Edited: 2020-04-04, 21:08

Love Peace Happiness

Top Quote