Polls

Default Game Speed

Log in to vote!

Latest Posts

Topic: Egyptians Tribe

TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-23, 11:32

Okay so i will probably download widelands media this weekend,so i can start working again.I will need an expert still to tell me how to download widelands for Ubuntu/Linux so i can work and test stuff.

Thank you in advance.

Edit:Bazaar installed...took me less than five minutes...i like this terminal

Edited: 2019-10-23, 11:38

Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-27, 12:35

Ahem...still didnt manage to install widelands...i need help asap...Ubuntu app store has only build 19,i need build 20....sooo any help is appreciated.

MediaRepo is downloading right now.

Edit: Nevermind i installed it...ignore this.

Edited: 2019-10-27, 12:40

Top Quote
teppo
Joined: 2012-01-30, 09:42
Posts: 362
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-10-27, 13:03

TheHunter wrote:

Ahem...still didnt manage to install widelands...i need help asap...Ubuntu app store has only build 19,i need build 20....sooo any help is appreciated.

MediaRepo is downloading right now.

Did you try using PPA as instructed by Hessenfarmer few posts back? That looks like the way to go.

Basically, open a terminal and write some commands:

  • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:widelands-dev/widelands
  • sudo apt-get update
  • If you already have widelands installed, then sudo apt-get upgrade else sudo apt-get install widelands

What goes wrong?


Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-27, 13:48

Installed widelands,thanks for help...but of course i ran into another problem...i dont know how to open a file where my public key is...i cant upload anything to branch..and i just noticed that media wasnt downloading at all...it always says public key denied..something like that.


Top Quote
teppo
Joined: 2012-01-30, 09:42
Posts: 362
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-10-27, 21:20

TheHunter wrote:

Installed widelands,thanks for help...but of course i ran into another problem...i dont know how to open a file where my public key is...i cant upload anything to branch..and i just noticed that media wasnt downloading at all...it always says public key denied..something like that.

Have you registered a public key with launchpad? The key is in $HOME/.ssh/id_[something].pub ; You need to upload that into launchpad: Log into lp with web browser, and find the relevant tab. If you do not have a key, i.e. the directory ${HOME}/.ssh does not exist, try man ssh-keygen .

If all this are already done, maybe you forgot to bzr launchpad-login ?


Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-28, 17:43

I have logged into launchpad,told bazaar who i am,i know how to register key,but when i try to open it it shows one string of random keys and when i try to copy it there it says invalid key....so yeah..i dont know what to do right now. When i tried to open it i used command nano and then dir. of file.

Edited: 2019-10-28, 17:44

Top Quote
teppo
Joined: 2012-01-30, 09:42
Posts: 362
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-10-28, 18:16

TheHunter wrote:

I have logged into launchpad,told bazaar who i am,i know how to register key,but when i try to open it it shows one string of random keys and when i try to copy it there it says invalid key....so yeah..i dont know what to do right now. When i tried to open it i used command nano and then dir. of file.

The keys tend to be long. The public key is in a single line, and the entire key typically does not fit into the screen at once. RSA (public) keys in this context start with ssh-rsa and end with hostname

You could open a terminal, and type "cat .ssh/id_rsa.pub" or so, and copy from there instead.


Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-30, 17:01

Thank you!Its working.I think its gonna take about an hour with this speed here.I will work in no time!

Edit:..um i got a question actually...how do i access widelands data itself??I mean that place where you can change graphical look of something...edit LUA etc.

Edited: 2019-10-30, 17:07

Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-30, 20:30

It is DONE!I have downloaded media,downloaded Widelands,uploaded public key and i am finally ready to start working again!See you soon with probably couple of models to start with.


Top Quote
TheHunter
Avatar
Joined: 2018-06-27, 10:59
Posts: 75
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-10-30, 21:49

Hey i have to ask you all about this.So basically first pyramid ever built was stair styled pyramid...so since we have like a pyramid that can resurrect warriors,maybe HQ should be stair pyramid?I need your opinion on this.


Top Quote