Hello dear widelands players!
We are trying to create a constant widelands ranking between players. The first stage isn't even attained, but what is sure is that we are gonna need a lot of data to make it work fine. Hence why I declare open the widelands ranking on this thread!
How does it works?
Each player that want to participate have to say so in this thread. ==> No game will be taken into account if all players involved didn't specify they wanted to participate in the ranking BEFORE the game.
After a game, any one of the player (see Rules for exceptions) has to send here, using the template below:
- Player(s) involved (please precise team if pertinent)
- the result of the game
- the map played
- type of game (autocrat, wood gnome ...)
- the full replay in zip, with every part if pertinent
- Number of part of the game and different time at which they were played
- Exact start date and hour
* **Player:** * **Results:** * **Map:** * **Type of game:** * **Replay link:** * **Number of parts:** * **Date:**
I will modify the current post with the ratings test as soon as we have enough games/system has been automatized enough
Exact functioning of different "ranking" will be displayed soon. But probably it will be on the form of:
- all number of players
- Any type of game and number of players is accepted (even unequal match like 1vs2), but we will have different ranking in the end. At least for 1vs1 and the rest.
- No game should be played in more than 1 week
- Some yet unknown arbiter will be reserved the right to remove a game from the ranking if there is suspicion of trying to meddle with the score artificially (play false games were one always win against another player to game points, ...)
- If one player stop the game without asking the other player (disconnection problem for example), he has to reconnect and finish the game in the hour or contact the other player and agree on another finish time. Else game is won by other player.
- There are no abandon button, but if you want to abandon, you can. Only rule here is then that the player that abandoned is the one that has to post the result of the game here.
- If a tie is decided, BOTH player have to send the game data after the game. (Notice that autocrat matches on maps with separate islands may result in a draw)
The rules and detail might need a change in the future. I'm sorry I don't have the experience of some other people here in organizing these stuff Please tell if you thing of something
Anyone wants to be arbiter btw?
I don't know if we should include tournament games in this. I guess if both player the above rules it should be ok, but I'll settle on the opinion of king_of_nowhere on that.
Currently in the ranking
(tournament games not taken into account until end of tournament)