Latest Posts

Topic: Economy settings

Tribal-Chief
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-05-03, 22:20

I saw on launchpad a proposal to set default wares to 0, (or perhaps 1) this is the best suggestion I have heard this year, but my comments to launchpad ene up in outer space or somewhere.

In my opinion most workers should also be set to default of none as well. This is after all a game about economy so everyone should learn about managing the economy first. Try unreal world if you want a hard economy game, WL even with defaults of 0 is way to easy to play.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 07:52

Widelands already has a very steep learning curve, so setting it all to 0 would be too hard for most new players.

We decided that it would be best to allow players to define their own favourite settings, and I have created a bug for it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1827696

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 12:53

Nevertheless, we need some sane start values. I agree 0 is a little too extreme, but e.g. for the barbarians 30 axes are way too many. Hessenfarmer raised some concerns about scenarios being to hard, if the settings are changed. Wouldn't it also be sensible to be able to specify these settings for each scenario, too?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 13:04

stonerl wrote:

Nevertheless, we need some sane start values. I agree 0 is a little too extreme, but e.g. for the barbarians 30 axes are way too many. Hessenfarmer raised some concerns about scenarios being to hard, if the settings are changed. Wouldn't it also be sensible to be able to specify these settings for each scenario, too?

Although I can't remember these concerns, they may be true. However the settings would mean a new interface. This should be made usable by scenarios as well. Furthermore we could probably help the AI withthese settings as well.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 13:46

Nevertheless, we need some sane start values. I agree 0 is a little too extreme, but e.g. for the barbarians 30 axes are way too many

Agreed, the targets for basic weapons could be halved, and for some tools slightly reduced as well.

Wouldn't it also be sensible to be able to specify these settings for each scenario, too?

Although I can't remember these concerns, they may be true. However the settings would mean a new interface. This should be made usable by scenarios as well

local eco = p1:get_buildings("empire_headquarters")[1].flag.economy
eco:set_ware_target_quantity("planks", 25)
…

Top Quote