Latest Posts

Topic: starting campaign doesn't work with 14RC

prefekt

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-09-17, 01:04

I got the following output:

Adding directory:/usr/local/share/games/widelands Adding directory:/usr/share/games/widelands No version file found Adding directory:. No version file found Set home directory: /home/hagbard/.widelands No version file found SDL_VIDEODRIVER=& Graphics: Trying Video driver: 0 x11 SDL_VIDEODRIVER=x11 * GRAPHICS REPORT VIDEO DRIVER x11 hw surface possible 0 window manager available 1 blitz_hw 0 blitz_hw_CC 0 blitz_hw_A 0 blitz_sw 0 blitz_sw_CC 0 blitz_sw_A 0 blitz_fill 0 video_mem 0 vfmt 0x910b1d8 size 800 600 * END GRAPHICS REPORT

hw avail:0Graphics: flags: 0 [] Section [global], key 'EXENAME' not used (did you spell the name correctly?) Sound_Handler: loaded song "music/intro_00.ogg" Sound_Handler: loaded song "music/menu_00.ogg" lastserial: 0 lastserial: 0 Loading the locals for scenario. file: campaigns/t01.wmf.mo No version file found Parsing world bobs... There's no configuration file, using default values. Parsing global bobs in world... Reading Elemental Data ... done! Reading Player Names And Tribe Data ... done! Reading Heights Data ... done! Reading Terrain Data ... done! Reading Map Objects ... Object_Manager: ouch! remaining objects lastserial: 682

Unexpected error during the game [src/map_io/widelands_map_object_packet.cc:84] map objects: [src/immovable.cc:616] Loading Immovable: [src/immovable.cc:606] world does not define immovable type "bar-ruin01"

Please report this problem to help us improve Widelands. You will find related messages in the standard output (stdout.txt on Windows). You are using build Build14RC(release). Please add this information to your report.

Top Quote
jokeyrhyme

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-09-18, 02:03

I just tried to load the tutorial campaign )in Snow Leopard) and I get the following: [/Users/tarou/widelands/build/macos/../../src/map_io/widelands_map_object_packet.cc:84] map objects: [/Users/tarou/widelands/build/macos/../../src/immovable.cc:616] Loading Immovable: [/Users/tarou/widelands/build/macos/../../src/immovable.cc:606] world does not define immovable type "bar-ruin01".

I just typed that on a separate computer, so sorry for typos. The line numbers are definitely correct though. face-smile.png

Top Quote
Gabriel

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-10-08, 17:09

I have open a bug here, no solution for now

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2872806&group_id=40163&atid=427221

Top Quote
Gabriel

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-10-09, 12:42

I have closed the bug.

nasenbaer_peter have give the solution.

the packagers did not include the dir "global" in their packages.

Top Quote
silent

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-12-31, 10:18

Gabriel wrote: I have closed the bug. nasenbaer_peter have give the solution. the packagers did not include the dir "global" in their packages.

I tried to build from "Widelands-Build14-src.7z" with the Archlinux AUR script on 30 December and got this error. What does it mean the "global" directory is not included? Is there an easy step-by-step guide to correct this?

Edited: 2009-12-31, 10:20

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-12-31, 12:46

Hello silent,

obviously the Archlinux AUR script is not up to date as well. It surely compiles and than installs Widelands. In the later part it does not install the directory "global" which is needed for some scenario elements in Build14.

So best try to change the script to use "scons install" - I really wonder, why packagers don't use it - that way exactly the files we consider needed will be installed and even if the scons files in our distrib packages are updated, the scripts of the packagers would not need to be updated, as the command would still be "scons install" face-wink.png

So in short: the easiest workaround (withot changing scripts) would be to copy the directory "global" to the other Widelands data.

Top Quote
silent

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-12-31, 15:36

Ok, thanks. Only one line had to be modified in the build script. The corrected line that includes "global":

cp -rf campaigns/ fonts/ locale/ global/ maps/ music/ pics/ sound/ tribes/ txts/ worlds/ \ $pkgdir/usr/share/$pkgname/

Top Quote