Latest Posts

Topic: Left-Right-Click diffs from Right-Left-Click with TerrainType-Brush

Adamant

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2013-09-01, 18:16

May be I got this as Kind of Hint I did not experiences and now believe I discovered it as useful Behavior. I found that activating Brush with left Button and Map-Movement by right Button helps a Lot to draw larger Maps. These Buttons reverses pressed causes another Behavior -- the L-Click does not arrive to Paint-Function. My brief Idea is to change Behavior that both Click-Combinantions result in that Mode useful for painting of larger Areas. This Begavior may exist sind Release-1 but in about 100 Hours of Editor-Work I never stumbled across and therefore consider it to be not intutive but to be hidden.

While using that Mode I changed my PerSpective and looked at the MiniMap to observe the Cursor's Work. However, I got the Idea that for the Map I work at (again 512x512 .. another Time/Try) that working on the MiniMap directly to scale up Brush-Tools would simplify Work for more than a whole Magnitude means more than 10x faster.. A Brush with Diameter=20 would be rather large on this Monitor and 30 even beyond (no Matter) but at MiniMap these won't cause any Problems. Perhaps make MainMap-Brush up to 16 or 25 and MiniMap up to 255. IMO would increasing Map-Geometry up to 1k*1k be very reasonable as that Way I could put a very Lot Water between larger Isles and thus allow more Adventure due to it becomes more difficult to find other LandMasses.

IIRC the Vision-Range of Ships at Water are rather currios close - should in RL be about 40km -- but it's rather close in Game. I hope that Units can have specifiic Vision-Sights and if Ships inherit from Carrier they don't inherit Worker-Sight but WareHouse-Sight resp Ship-Sight can get controlled like of that of Sites individually. My present Idea of Discovery-Adventure is Ship needs a Glass and can't see beyond first Wave -- same like that of Workers. I don't consider ShortSight to be an Adventure even that's probably is in RL.

I wonder if Vision in WL with true 3D-Map is dependent from Map-Morpholgy - if a Tower can look more far over an Ocean while Sight gets limited by Mountain according to Geometry and Heights.

Calculation of Visiblity is somewhat tricky to make it performant. SIMD/MMX/XMM is your Friend here. FPU is Crap this or that Way, better ignore, if you can, that one is inside the CPU.

Ivan the Terrible is dead .. Genghis Khan is dead .. and I do not feel well, too.

Top Quote