Latest Posts

Topic: Build helper - icons

Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-02-16, 16:33

Hey Chuck :),

your idea is great :)! Actually it is absolutely logical and intuitive: all buildhelp icons have different color at the moment...

I wasn't sure how this icon would look in game, so I just tested it and cam to the conclusion, that it looks good, but could use a bit more color, so I highered the blue value of the icon and retested it.

Here is an ingame view of the icon. On the top is my new proposal, below is the icon you posted.

Comparison of the two port pngs

My port icon proposal

Top Quote
chuckw
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-02-16, 18:14

Nasenbaer wrote: I wasn't sure how this icon would look in game, so I just tested it and cam to the conclusion, that it looks good, but could use a bit more color, so I highered the blue value of the icon and retested it.

Peter, your icon does look better in the game. I chose a lighter saturation to mimic water, but your version goes better with the other existing icons. Would you be kind enough to push it to trunk?

We'll make a graphician of you yet (if we haven't already done so.) face-smile-big.png

I see little people.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2012-02-16, 20:57

chuckw wrote: Peter, your icon does look better in the game. I chose a lighter saturation to mimic water, but your version goes better with the other existing icons. Would you be kind enough to push it to trunk?

Done a minute ago face-smile.png

We'll make a graphician of you yet (if we haven't already done so.)

Well face-smile.png ... I am already in the developers list - but just because of the hand drawn maps for the campaigns and some of the loading screens. The credits for this icon goes to the original creator.. changing the color is not that much of a work :).

Edited: 2012-02-16, 20:58

Top Quote