Latest Posts

Topic: Barbarian metalworks/axefactory/warmill Remodel

Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-10-18, 17:22

You're right - must be old files that did not get overwritten, when I copied the new directory over the old one. Sorry about the confusion, I caused.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-10-18, 18:22

Great Job, Chuck!
Those erection/transitions animations are spectacular.
All very logical and well planned!
The shine from the fire with the warmill is a great extra.
Raising the roof and oversizing the weapons definitely was a good decision!

Two things I noted, remotely concerning the new models:
There is an issue with a road immediately to the east of the buildings - the old z-layer stuff, when carriers go from northwest to south east.
And the blacksmith at the metalworks and axefactory always carry their anvil when they bring out a new tool or weapon. Looks a bit odd.
But I guess that is for later.
Otherwise, really all very beautiful!

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
chuckw
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-10-18, 18:53

Thanks for your comments, Astuur.

The blacksmith (and all workers except soldiers for that matter) has only one set of walking animations and one set of "carry" animations. When I designed the blacksmiths and other workers, I wanted to make them identifiable on the roads, so a player can tell at a glance or two if a worker is in transit to a new building. So most of the workers carry something of their trade while they walk. Until we can get a second set of animations for "returning from delivery", our poor blacksmiths must keep on hefting those anvils. Now THAT is really "pumping iron". face-grin.png

I see little people.

Top Quote