Latest Posts

Topic: Help wanted with immovables size statement, please

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-01, 17:57

I think I found out that the existence of a "Size=" statement in the conf file of immovables determines whther they are blocking or not. Can anybody please tell me, what the respective sizes are for small, medium and large? Any other sizes? How exacly are they described? Squares, or circles?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-06, 09:16

Nobody?
This is a problem with existing and future immovables (Mountains!)
Houses seem to be fine, but especially animals, often spoil the illusion of immovables by passing "before" them instead of passing behind.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-16, 09:48

I do not understand the question in your first post. Have a look at existing immovables for pixel sizes. Otherwise, the size statement only affects passability and how the immovable influences the build help.

About the overdraw issue: immovables are drawn field wise, starting left-top to bottom-right. If an immovable is too big, it will overdrawn others. Fields are 64 pixels wide (from node to node) and 32 pixels height.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-16, 17:47

Great you're back, SirVer!
"Fieldwise" means field by field and starting with left upper corner, right?
Lines first? or rows first?
How do the animals factor in there?
Because they are causing me most trouble.

What I meant to ask with the first post is very simple:
I figured that houses and immovables (with a size= entry) would occupy a certain space, that the buildsystem
(houses and roads) and the animals respect, so that that they do no go within a certain area around the object, and I wanted to know whether this depends on the size= value and if, how this area is defined for small, medium and big objects.
Is that any clearer? face-smile.png

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-17, 13:57

Great you're back, SirVer!

thanks :). I remain quite busy, so I cannot promise to be very responsive. I am trying to climb the 200+ mails that accumulated last week.

"Fieldwise" means field by field and starting with left upper corner, right?

yes.

Lines first? or rows first?

oooe... that's the same for me. But yes: rows (horizontal) first.

How do the animals factor in there? Because they are causing me most trouble.

They are rendered as bobs, that is when the field currently owning them is drawn. Iirc, a field owns the edge going to its right, bottom-right and bottom left neighbour. (It also owns the triangle that is formed by connecting those 4 points, but this is not of importance here I guess).

What I meant to ask with the first post is very simple: I figured that houses and immovables (with a size= entry) would occupy a certain space, that the buildsystem (houses and roads) and the animals respect, so that that they do no go within a certain area around the object, and I wanted to know whether this depends on the size= value and if, how this area is defined for small, medium and big objects. Is that any clearer?

okay. size only affects the walkability of fields, animals are not "shy", they will walk freely through settlements, basically everywhere one can also build roads.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-17, 16:45

I'm sorry that I cannot express myself any clearer.
We're not talking of the same thing.
Please try to think small, not big face-smile.png

SirVer wrote:

okay. size only affects the walkability of fields, animals are not "shy", they will walk freely through settlements, basically everywhere one can also build roads.

I am trying a new approach for the same problem:

We will get there-

See the deer on the stone? It came from the north and "walked right over" my boulder -- looks stupid.
Had it come from the south, it would have walked "underneath" my boulder, or "behind" it, if you will.

Why is this happening to my boulders, but never to houses or trees?
Can I do anything to forbid the animal to do this? (size=big is in the conf file of this boulder)

Okay, I hope your answers will not be too complicated for me to grasp.

Edit: I noticed that on rare occations this does also happen with buildings '(i.e. Atlantean ones) and other graphics!

Edited: 2011-06-18, 19:02

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-20, 10:36

mmh.. could you repost this picture with build help enabled? The deer should not be allowed to walk there.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-20, 17:42

SirVer wrote: mmh.. could you repost this picture with build help enabled? The deer should not be allowed to walk there. ooh... it too me some time to catch the right moment for the screenshot -- but I will try again. face-smile.png

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-20, 19:57

just a short idea: if the size is small, medium or big, the dear should not pass, so the only thing I could imagine is a wrong set hotspot, so the stone is painted on the wrong location...

Top Quote
martin

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-06-20, 21:16

Astuur wrote:

Why is this happening to my boulders, but never to houses or trees?

Trees? What about the deer at the tree to the north-west of the tower in your picture?

Top Quote