Latest Posts

Topic: Amazon Training Glade

mxb2001
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2023-05-19, 22:51

Why don't they train there? I have it full of stuff and open for max. soldiers connected via road, etc. etc. They all rush to the Warrior's Gathering and take the +1 and +2 spears but after that they head to the front.

The only factor I can think of is that recruits are too few. Yet when a recruit is made it ignores the empty military buildings, goes to WG and then goes to the mil. bui.

--
To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-05-21, 17:16

mxb2001 wrote:

Why don't they train there? I have it full of stuff and open for max. soldiers connected via road, etc. etc. They all rush to the Warrior's Gathering and take the +1 and +2 spears but after that they head to the front.

The only factor I can think of is that recruits are too few. Yet when a recruit is made it ignores the empty military buildings, goes to WG and then goes to the mil. bui.

Hi,
to give a usable and valid answer on this we would definitly need a savegame and or replay of the game. The used widelands version would help as well.

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2023-05-21, 18:10

Oh no it's not a bug. They did train there. I meant, why do they choose to go where they do? How do those soldiers think?

--

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-05-21, 18:33

Although it would still be easier to answer with a savegame face-wink.png my guess is that this is about a shortage of heroes rather than soldiers in general. So the buildings at the front are fully occupied but mostly with untrained rookies. That way, newly recruited soldiers don't go to the front as not being needed and train instead. But after they have finished training at one site they go directly to the front because now they are better than the untrained soldiers stationed there. They will only go to another trainingsite to continue their training there once all buildings at the front are saturated with moderately-trained soldiers.

Generally speaking, occupying militarysites with any soldier at all always has highest precedence; exchanging their soldiers to match the site's preference is the next-highest goal; and training always has lowest priority. If you want your soldiers to be fully trained in multiple trainingsites before ever going to the front, you have to micromanage.

Top Quote
mxb2001
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2023-05-22, 02:03

Nordfriese wrote: Generally speaking, occupying militarysites with any soldier at all always has highest precedence; exchanging their soldiers to match the site's preference is the next-highest goal; and training always has lowest priority. If you want your soldiers to be fully trained in multiple trainingsites before ever going to the front, you have to micromanage.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. Must say though that in some games I literally have to kick trainees out so that they go man the 0 milbuilds. That puzzles me if #1 is to man just those. I guess it's weighted rather than a simple first always send to empty buildings.

As a player what I'd like is to be able to set a priority. Before contact with the enemy I'd choose to train and vice versa. Well a lot depends on how dangerous the enemy is too. If they're much stronger (well then I usually just ragequit hehe) it would be send all raw recruits to the front. Doable of course, just set trainers to 0 capacity. Well like I say in this case one has already lost.

Back to the Amazons though what puzzled me there was that they like to train in the WG and when I set it to 0 capacity they went to the front (not the Glade). I was sure that if they were in a training mood then why not goto the Glade?

Attachment:
RIVER.wgf (730.3 KB)

--

Top Quote