Latest Posts

Topic: Long playing times - Big maps

Lawrence
Topic Opener
Version: 19 and 1.1
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-03-01, 12:12

I have just finished playing a single user game with my most recent map, "Tripple Islands".

There are 8 tribes possible with this map; It is also very large - 512 X 512

I played with Version 21 of Widelands on my 64 bit, Apple Mac Mini. I had all eight tribes active. I set all AI levels to "very low".

For my own tribe I chose Atlanteans. For the AI players, I had all of the tribes from Version 21 active, some of them twice.

My game lasted for 176 hours. I kept playing until I had captured every building that had been constructed by an AI tribe.

Edited: 2022-03-01, 12:13

Accept the challenge to excel with the humility to receive help.

Top Quote
Lawrence
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-09-20, 04:45

I have just finished playing a single user game with my most recent map, "Southern Archipelago Mark i".

There are 8 tribes possible with this map; It is also quite large - 352 X 352

I played with Version 1.0 of Widelands on my 64 bit, Apple Mac Mini. I had six AI tribes active. I set all AI levels to "very low".

I set all tribes including my own to be Barbarians.

The game took 74.5 hours until I had successfully captured all buildings built by the other tribes. At the end of the game I had 1257 soldiers.

Top Quote
Lawrence
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-10-10, 14:28

I have just finished playing a single user game with my most recent map, "Southern Archipelago Mark ii".

There are 8 tribes possible with this map; It is also quite large - 352 X 352

I played with Version 1.0 of Widelands on my 64 bit, Apple Mac Mini. I had six AI tribes active. I set all AI levels to "very low".

I set all tribes including my own to be Amazons.

The game took 164.2 hours until I had successfully captured all buildings built by the other tribes. I also invested time in increasing the fertility of all "Desert" areas on the main land and the smaller Desert islands. I initiated Rare Tree Plantations on the improved areas.

At the end of the game I had 1148 soldiers.

Top Quote
Lawrence
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2023-09-30, 03:01

I have just finished playing a single user game with my most recent map, "Two Campaigns Mark ii".

There are 8 tribes possible with this map; the map size is - 352 X 352

I played with Version 1.1 of Widelands on my 64 bit, Apple Mac Mini. I had all eight tribes active. I set all AI levels to "very low".

For my own tribe I chose Frisians. For the AI players, I had all of the tribes from Version 1.1 active, some of them twice.

My strategy was to establish buildings on both of the "Signature Landing Ports" as soon as I had a ship. I then landed on one of the smaller islands and built mines to extract gold, iron and coal.

I continued to build on my home ground while also taking possession of the rest of the smaller islands. I did have to challenge other tribes on some of these small islands.

Once I had enough soldiers to begin my main campaigns, I expanded my holdings on the large island where I had begun my camp. When I had finished taking all the land on that island I began my campaign on the second island. When I had captured the first section of that island, I transferred all of my expansion activities and related buildings from my original camp to the new area.

My game lasted for 126 hours. I kept playing until I had captured every building that had been constructed by an AI tribe.

I had around 600 soldiers at the end of my game.

Top Quote