Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: why is it not possable to destroy headquarters?

PeterPiper
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-06-19, 23:27

I am playing a large map and have built a number of warehouses and ports. For logistical reasons I would Like to use the site on which the headquarters stands for an other building. I moved all of the wares to other warehouses and wanted to tear down / destroy the headquarter when I noticed that there are no bottons to do so. I believe that I have played games where my headquarters have been destroyed by the enemy and I was still able to play on (or is my memory wrong there?). Is there another way to destroy my own headquarters?

Peter

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-06-20, 10:18

The headquarters is treated as a special building and players are not allowed to destroy it themselves in any way. Game-mechanically, the HQ is no different from a warehouse though, so when an enemy destroys your headquarters and you still have at least one other warehouse or port left you are not defeated yet and can continue playing.

If you're using a Debug build, you can cheat though by opening the scripting console and typing wl.Game().players[1]:get_buildings("barbarians_headquarters")[1]:destroy() (changing the first 1 and the string to match your player number and tribe).

Top Quote
PeterPiper
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2022-06-21, 09:36

Thanks for the info

Top Quote