Latest Posts

Topic: Bonjour

Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-15, 13:55

Bonjour,

Je me présente, Atanase Albaran, bien sûr ce n'est pas mon nom dans la vraie vie mais c'est ainsi que je me nomme dans les RPG, oups, les JdR, restons français. face-smile.png

Je ne suis pas un oisillon de l'année et j'ai participé à un bon nombre de traductions tant dans ma vie professionnelle que dans ma vie privée. De plus, ancien analyste programmeur pour finir dans la sécurité des réseaux de données en passant par "mailmaster" et "webmaster", j'ai une certaine expérience dans pas mal de domaines en informatique.

Je me propose donc d'être au service de la communauté, tant pour affiner les traductions françaises du jeu que pour participer à de plus gros travaux, comme, par exemple, la traduction et la mise en place d'une version française du "wiki", voire de l'ensemble de "widelands.org".

Bonne journée à tous et toutes.

PS: Pourrais je proposer au traducteur original du jeu en français de l'aider à revoir quelques points par-ci par-là, j'ai noté quelques petits problèmes de fautes de frappes et de tournures de phrases. Merci d'avance.

Ci-dessous, traduction automatique en anglais afin que nos amis "étrangers" puissent lire également. face-wink.png

Hello,

I introduce myself, Atanase Albaran, of course it's not my name in real life but that's how I call myself in RPGs, oops, JdRs, let's stay French. face-smile.png

I am not a young bird of the year and I have participated in a good number of translations both in my professional and in my private life. In addition, a former programmer analyst to end up in data network security through 'mailmaster' and 'webmaster', I have some experience in a lot of computer fields.

I therefore propose to be at the service of the community, both to refine the French translations of the game and to participate in larger work, such as, for example, the translation and the implementation of a French version of the 'wiki ', or even all of' widelands.org '.

Have a nice day everyone.

PS: Could I suggest to the original translator of the game in French to help him review a few points here and there, I noted some small problems of typos and turns of phrase. Thank you in advance.

La connaissance ne vaut que si elle est partagée par le plus grand nombre.
---------------------------------------
Knowledge is only valuable if it is shared by the greatest number.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-15, 16:07

Hi Atanase and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

Translating Widelands is done on Transifex. You'll need only a free Transifex account (if you don't have one already) and can start translating on https://www.transifex.com/widelands/widelands/ .
See here for getting started & some useful hints.
When you spot errors in a translation, you can simply edit it on Transifex.

The website and wiki are currently not translatable; that has been on our wishlist for a long time (https://github.com/widelands/widelands-website/issues/193) but nobody got around to work on it. If you happen to have experience with Django you could try to implement such a feature though if you like (website source code) face-smile.png

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-15, 17:32

Hello,

OK pour Transifex, je vais le voir. Habituellement, j'utilise gettext / Poedit, et ce depuis longtemps, j'espère que ce n'est pas trop différent. face-smile.png

Quant à Django, je n'ai aucune idée de ce que c'est mais j'apprends vite. Si cela me semble possible je le ferai après les corrections de la traduction du jeu.

Je profite de cette occasion, puisque tu est un ancien, pour poser une question complètement hors du contexte. face-wink.png

Il me semble avoir vu quelque part que pour pouvoir implanter un bâtiment, il fallait des conditions topographiques particulières, notamment les pentes avec les points voisins. Je prépare une carte pour un scénario / tutoriel et j'ai du mal à créer des espaces utilisables. Si tu pouvez me renseigner sur les contraintes, ce serait plus facile pour moi. Merci d'avance.

OK for Transifex, I'll see it. Usually I have been using gettext / Poedit, and have been for a long time I hope it is not too different. face-smile.png

As for Django, I have no idea what it is but I learn fast. If it seems possible to me I will do it after the corrections of the translation of the game.

I take this opportunity, since you are an elder, to ask a question completely out of context. face-wink.png

It seems to me to have seen somewhere that in order to be able to implement a building, particular topographical conditions were needed, in particular the slopes with the neighboring points. I am preparing a map for a scenario / tutorial and am having trouble creating usable spaces. If you can teach me about constraints, it would be easier for me. Thank you in advance.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2021-04-15, 18:34

Transifex also offers a feature to download the PO file for offline translation, so you can edit it with PoEdit and reupload when you're done. Pick which method you like best face-smile.png

It seems to me to have seen somewhere that in order to be able to implement a building, particular topographical conditions were needed, in particular the slopes with the neighboring points. I am preparing a map for a scenario / tutorial and am having trouble creating usable spaces. If you can teach me about constraints, it would be easier for me. Thank you in advance.

This is stated in the editor's help window (F1), last two entries in the "General" → "Tips" section:

You can place a medium building on any node where there is a slope no greater than 1 in the south-east direction and its height difference to all nodes in a radius of 2 is no greater than 2.
You can place a big building on any node where you could place a medium building if there is no obstacle or non-arable terrain towards the west, northwest and northeast.

Additionally, the terrains matter: All six triangles need to be Arable, and none of the six surrounding nodes may be adjacent to Unreachable terrain such as lava. For big buildings, all 4 nodes occupied must meet this condition. Immovables of size Big (e.g. rocks) obstruct all six surrounding nodes.
(edit: actually the heights stuff is a bit more complicated, but this is not well documented: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/blob/master/src/logic/map.cc#L1622-L1662)

When you have more questions not related to the opening topic, you're welcome to ask, but please open a new thread then, so other people looking for answers can find them more easily face-smile.png

Edited: 2021-04-15, 18:41

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-15, 19:13

Thank you for the answer.

Ok, I'll open a new thread, next time

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2021-04-21, 12:00

Salut à toi, c'est génial que tu postes en 2 langues face-smile.png

Bienvenue dans la communauté widelands, faudra qu'on se fasse quelques parties ensemble, pis pourquoi pas faire équipe sur des tournois (je suis plus à l'aise avec le français pour communiquer "rapidement" en jeu).

Hi here, I think it's nice you introduce yourself in 2 languages face-smile.png

Welcome and maybe we could play some games together and why not make team on certains events ? (it's easier for me to "fast" communicate in game).

Top Quote
Atanase
Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2021-04-21, 12:15

Merci de ton accueil, mais..... J'avoue ne pas être très "multi-joueur". Peut-être que tu réussiras à me convaincre, je suis assez ouvert d'esprit. face-wink.png

Pour les posts en deux langue j'utilise ImTranslator de Firefox et je retouche la version anglaise. Je ne suis pas totalement bilingue, loin de là. face-smile.png
J'ai pris cette habitude, pour les posts généraux, en discutant beaucoup avec des canadiens qui parfois ne parlaient qu'une seule des deux langues.

Thank you for your welcome, but ..... I admit that I am not very 'multi-player'. Maybe you can convince me, I'm pretty open-minded. face-wink.png

For posts in two languages ​​I use ImTranslator from Firefox and I edit the English version. I am not completely bilingual, far from it. face-smile.png
I got into this habit, for general posts, talking a lot with Canadians who sometimes only spoke one of the two languages.

Top Quote