Latest Posts

Topic: New shades of music suggestion

kr1234
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2020-07-04, 09:26

Hi guys, personally I think the game should add some more forceful music while beating and a kind of soothing sound when coming near water.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-04, 10:19

kr1234 wrote:

Hi guys, personally I think the game should add some more forceful music while beating and a kind of soothing sound when coming near water.

Forceful like this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIVhnKNxpa8

I'd suggest that one can filter some tracks completely out. There are tracks of two artists which I cannot hear any more, maybe many other people have the same problem ; )

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2020-07-04, 11:25

WorldSavior wrote:

I'd suggest that one can filter some tracks completely out. There are tracks of two artists which I cannot hear any more, maybe many other people have the same problem ; )

I would like to be able to silence music when in multiplayer lobby. In lobby, I want to hear chat sounds and nothing else: Waiting for possible opponents to show up can take long, and the music becomes irritating at some point.

Hopefully this does not count as topic hijacking.

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2020-07-04, 16:15

kr1234 wrote:

Making the transitions sound right might be tricky to do. Some games have two versions of each track so they can transition smoothly between them when combat starts/ends without actually stopping the currently playing track.

WorldSavior wrote:

For now you can achieve this with some file renaming in the data/music directory face-smile.png

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-04, 17:27

niektory wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

For now you can achieve this with some file renaming in the data/music directory face-smile.png

Thanks for the hint, I might give it a try. I listen to the music rarely anyway

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-07-06, 08:23

It's definitely on my wishlist to have the options screen available from anywhere, which would allow people to switch off the music in the lobby.

Also, switching the music off and on will select a new track at random.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote