Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Winter Games

ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2020-01-24, 08:23

kaputtnik wrote:

Since i never explicitly said that i will participate in this tournament, i will abstain from the tournament. Sorry.

I feel like saying the same thing...

I'm actually only very little available, and this Saturday it's not going to be possible for me.

I'm sorry about that.

FR =

J'ai envie de dire pareil...

En fait je ne suis que très peu disponible, et ce samedi ça ne va pas être possible pour moi.

Vous m'en voyez désolé.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-24, 09:04

king_of_nowhere wrote:

ok, give me instructions again to download and install it, because i doubt it's the one conveniently linked

This is the latest Appveyor build on windows. https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/builds/30221622

for self compiling on linux download the following branch https://github.com/hessenfarmer/widelands/tree/amazons

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-24, 09:06

WorldSavior wrote:

Amazons are allowed

okay

and so we play with the newest developer build

By the way, "newest developer build" usually means main/master branch. It doesn't contain amazons yet as far as I know.

Correct. Amazons Branch isn't in master yet. but the Link I provided in the previous post isn't that far behind (maybe 5-6 commits) and it has the treetop sentry fixed.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-24, 17:05

So I guess the new pairing is "WorldSavior - hessenfarmer"? Who knows, maybe hessenfarmer will even have time for that...

Now as we are 4 participants we could simply break the rule "everybody plays only once against an opponent" so in round 4 the leading player could play against the second again, and the 3th placed against the 4th placed as usual.

@ektor and kaputtnik: No need to be sorry, you hadn't subscribed, everything is fine...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-26, 12:37

Nice game, we both settled at 3 main ports and the home insland with headquarters. After a time kon managed this game for him face-smile.png well played

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-27, 21:36

I can present now the first replay of this tournament of top players, because hessenfarmer and me played today very spontaneously.

We had a crash in the match (it also happens when you watch the first part of the replay), but luckily the crash didn't reappear in the second run.

Spoiler alert: The rules of this tournament (swiss pairing system) demand now that next turn the matches on "crossriver artifacts" would be: hessenfarmer vs the-x and king_of_nowhere vs me. It might be the job of the-x to determine the colors, by rolling a dice or whatever.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-27, 22:12

The new pairings are

Blue player - Red player

Hessenfarmer - the-x

king of nowhere - WorldSaviour

on crossriver on autocrat

Edited: 2020-01-27, 22:12

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-27, 22:23

Sehr schönes Spiel, hier mal beide Amazonen - eventuell weil ich Eisen auf den Inseln versteckt habe, um das zu umgehen - also endlich mal eine Karte auf der wirklich kein Eisen auf derselben Insel ist und schon sind die Amazonen viel stärker.

Das andere, was mich überrascht hat, ist das beide Spieler nur eine Insel besiedelt haben - was verrückt ist im Vergleich zum Spiel king vs the-x - wo beide Spieler drei Inseln besiedelt haben.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-27, 22:25

Das Replay läuft übrigens nicht richtig, aber ich weiß auch nicht woran es liegt.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-28, 08:22

the-x wrote:

Sehr schönes Spiel, hier mal beide Amazonen - eventuell weil ich Eisen auf den Inseln versteckt habe, um das zu umgehen - also endlich mal eine Karte auf der wirklich kein Eisen auf derselben Insel ist und schon sind die Amazonen viel stärker.

Amazons might be the best tribe for the blue position indeed, because they don't need an expedition for iron, they just need space. So their second port can be very close to the first port, which is very helpful.

Das andere, was mich überrascht hat, ist das beide Spieler nur eine Insel besiedelt haben - was verrückt ist im Vergleich zum Spiel king vs the-x - wo beide Spieler drei Inseln besiedelt haben.

With your special win condition, it's enough to make one colony.

the-x wrote:

Das Replay läuft übrigens nicht richtig, aber ich weiß auch nicht woran es liegt.

If you are not talking about the crash, you are probably having a desync. To avoid this, watch the replay with exactly the correct version.

Top Quote