Latest Posts

Topic: we could use an artifact finder for the editor

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-17, 16:33

it's damn difficult to find artifacts on a map. you have to look for them by hand, and if they are behind other large objects they are difficult to see. it's a problem when checking for balancing a map. A function that would make a bright spot on the map where an artifact is located would be nice.

And since we're here, it would also be nice to see player starting places the same way, again for ease of balancing. in that case, a spot of the player's color that's as biig as the land conquered by the HQ would help see how close the pplayers actuallly are to each other and to other strategic locations.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-17, 16:45

king_of_nowhere wrote:

it's damn difficult to find artifacts on a map. you have to look for them by hand, and if they are behind other large objects they are difficult to see. it's a problem when checking for balancing a map. A function that would make a bright spot on the map where an artifact is located would be nice.

Good point

And since we're here, it would also be nice to see player starting places the same way, again for ease of balancing.

One can chose "players" and then "set starting position for this player", this focuses the view on that spot if it's already there.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-17, 17:05

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

And since we're here, it would also be nice to see player starting places the same way, again for ease of balancing.

One can chose "players" and then "set starting position for this player", this focuses the view on that spot if it's already there.

yes, but it's still difficult to gauge their rrelative positions, and how close to each player are the artifacts.

Hasi provided an updated version of crossriver to replace the old one, and I checked it to see if it was well balanced; and first I went crazy looking for the artifacts (a couple of them were hidden behind stone or trees), but when i had to judge if they really were equally distant from both players, I really would have liked some way to show them. I modified the map to put lava on the artifacts and ice on the headquarters to make them visible as nice colored spots, I would find it convenient to have a function to do the same

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-19, 05:41

I have created a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1833345

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote