Latest Posts

Topic: Training Problem:

Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-02-06, 14:08

I am getting some frustrating production messages, and they don't seem to be consistent (build 5108)

The Sawmill is producing wood okay, but when I stop felling trees the wood production stops (obviously) and I get the "hover message" production failed because no trunks.

I start production of trunks again, wait for a work cycle to pass, and the message disappears, being replaced with "produced wood" etc. This sequence is true for all my production buildings, as it should be.

All well and good.

With the Training Camp I have a similar problem - "no training because no fish" When enough fish has been made I can watch the soldiers being trained (by reducing the population to 1 soldier) but the "no training" message is still there.

With the Arena/Colosseum the problem is worse - once there is sufficient resource to train again, the production doesn't continue ... the soldiers just keep going in and back out to the warehouse, with no training at all.

Grrr! Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks, Adam.

Top Quote
Sirion

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-04-28, 15:11

same arena problem here... even though I can't even get the people inside the arena... all stocks are full but I lacked bread a long time... now there is plenty but nothing happens

Top Quote
raistware

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-04-29, 09:05

Please post a bug report on launchpad and provide a replay with exactly what revision is created.

Many thanks.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-11, 09:02

Spiceskull wrote: ...

With the Arena/Colosseum the problem is worse - once there is sufficient resource to train again, the production doesn't continue ... the soldiers just keep going in and back out to the warehouse, with no training at all. Grrr! Anyone got any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks, Adam.

I think, Adam, you may be misinterpreting what is happening. In my experience the training of imperial soldiers in the Arena/Colosseum works well. Are you really sure they leave untrained? Please open the colosseum window and the tab with the red "X". Arena and Colosseum will both only train soldiers for "evade" (EV) skill. (Up level 1 for the arena, to level 2 for the colosseum) You should be able to watch newly entered soldiers go from 0 to 1 in the EV column. When the reach 2 (1 for the arena), they are automatically expelled.

If that's not happening, you should indeed file a bug report.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-05-11, 09:43

I agree that these messages could be tweaked. For example, the building that produces tool will most often show a message like "Skipped XYZ because economy needs no XYZ", where it would be more interesting to know what was last produced, if anything. However, it's a rather low priority issue at least for me. Perhaps one of you guys wants to tackle it? face-wink.png

Top Quote