Latest Posts

Topic: Again defenders can intercept?

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-03-29, 11:30

I am writing this immediately after filing the "fortesses burndown instead of upgrade"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/550761

Same game (Green plateau) playing Imperials with Build 15 rc2.

I have just conquered some more land so that my fortress is not immediately at the border any longer, and upgraded it to an imperial castle.

Now for the first time again after a long period, I see my defending soldiers again coming out of that castle and actively intercepting attacking enemies, even if the castle itsself is not attacked.

This was not happening with the fortress that I had in the same place before, although this was completely manned and the situation was the same otherwise.

Why is this happening? (and only with castles?)

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Dwarik

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-04-01, 17:50

just remembering from reading the soldier code a while back it's about visiblity (castles have larger visibility than barracks) and about having enough soldiers present (last man won't empty out a building but stay till they come knocking on the door)

if you could produce a case where you think it should happen but isn't (with say with several medium sized buildings) it might be worth looking into

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-01, 18:15

Ah.. okay thanks. I' watch this.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote