Latest Posts

Topic: The good old roads and flags

Widehunter

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-01-16, 17:33

Well, I've been trying to find the picture for the barbarian flag to replace but I came across 10 different flags all looking like the barbarian flag. Which one do I need to replace?

As you said Sirver, we can first try to simply replace that flag with the image of a house to see what it looks like. If it looks well enough and doesn't get mixed up with the infrastructure buildings, some coding needs to be done so that in the beginning we set a regular flag, but when a worker reaches his flag, he will build(almost instantly) his house on that tile and the flag will be gone.

As a side note, all the files in the folders were "hidden" on windows XP, so I had to change that through the widelands folder properties to be able to see the png and other files. Not a problem, but I don't know if this was intended. Just so you know.

Edited: 2010-01-16, 18:12

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-01-16, 18:05

Open tribes/barbarians/conf and look for sections called [flag]. Each such section defines a flag style and has a "pics" key that gives a filename template for the files that the animation consists of. They are numbered PNG files. The first flag style of the tribe will be used by default (can be changed with events/initializations).

Top Quote
Widehunter

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-01-16, 18:20

So I simply make a new pgn and make the game display that instead of all the flag_?? files by changing the conf file?

edit: I quickly made something with paint, but it shows the white edges of the file too when the game starts. This might be a noob question but how do I make it display only the hut with the edges showing the terrain the hut is on? Something to do with layers that paint can't?

Edited: 2010-01-17, 13:29

Top Quote