Latest Posts

Topic: 'retreat when injured' adjust at tribe level

raistware

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-01-04, 08:46

Hi all!

I think that could be usefull to define min, max and default values for 'retreat when injured' at tribe level. For example:

Barbarians: min=0, max=80, default=20 -> would make barbarian attacks fights to last man standing by default, but if player can adjust the value, he or she could modify that value between 0 and 80.

*Atlanteans: min=20, max=100, default=80 -> would make atlanteas attacks like 'strike and run' tactics by default, but also if player can adjust retreat when injured, he or she could modify that value between 20 and 100.

*Empire: min=20, max=80, default=50 -> would make empire attacks 'normal' attacks, where they never retreat when lightly injured, and never fight to death, and by default soldiers retreat when his HP below 50%

Of course, that values are only samples. If we want that by default all tribes retreat at same level, simply set default value to 50. If we want that by default all tribes retreat at same level when player can not modify that value, then we can implement it. If player cannot modify value then set min=0, max=100, default=whatever_we_want.

I will explain, to all that can ignore, that 'retreat_when_injured' value is checked when soldier is not at battle (when he is not directly fighting agains an enemy). And the only thing that value does is: when soldiers HP goes below 'retrat' percentage, the soldier will return home to heal.

TimoM asks what would happen if an Barbarian an Atlantean tribe meet late in game having same amount of soldiers and gold mined.

As long as I can see, barbarians will no retrat very often and will fight nearly to death, so they will cause heavy casualties, but also they would recieve heavy casualties. Atlanteans will try to retreat when they can, so they tend to have lower casualties, but also recieve heavy casualties from the 'berseker' of the barbarians.

Questions and opinions?

Top Quote
sigra

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-01-04, 13:45

Yes, that is a good idea (didn't someone suggest that recently?).

Then everything could be set with a single event. Forbid would just be min=max

I suggest the following format (the key names are not so important: interval=MIN-MAX default=DEFAULT

The "default" key should not be required. The MAX value could be used if default is omitted.

Then just check that 0 <= MIN <= MAX <= 100 and MIN <= DEFAULT <= MAX. Just like attack=MIN-MAX is parsed in soldier.cc.

Edited: 2010-01-04, 14:17

Top Quote
raistware

Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-01-04, 14:02

Ok, I will work on this, and at the global military config window to allow configure retreat when injured at defense time!

Top Quote