Latest Posts

Topic: Building Widelands under Windows

Kiscsirke
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-16, 13:27

I am looking for some help building Widelands under windows. If I succeed in the end, I will be happy to update the wiki page with my experiences.

I myself learn Software engineering at university, I know C and C++ (and I even have some experience with them, but only small command-line program, for algorithm competitions, and some Qt), so I am unfamiliar with big projects, I only know some things about makefiles, and I don't know any python (I hope that won't be needed)

I run Windows 7, and I tried to follow the instructions on the wiki, except that I downloaded and installed newer versions of everything where I found one (but to me it doesn't seem like that's causeing the problem, so I didn't retry with the versions linked in the wiki). I succesfully downloaded the source from svn, and I also tried with the build14 source, but with both I hit the following problem: The compile didn't work.

EDIT: OK, I found one problem, it was my mistake, I didn't notice I hade to run make in the build/win32/mingw dir, sorry. But now there's a new problem, the first error when trying to compile:

../../native-release/exceptions.o:exceptions.cc: (.text+0xcea): undefined reference to `std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >& std::__ostream_insert< char, std::char_traits<char> >(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> > &, char const*, int)'

and most of the others seem to be connected to ostream. This does seem like a problem that could be with my MinGW installation, so first I'll try reinstalling, but if you have any helpful comments, I would appreciate them.

Edited: 2009-12-17, 00:42

Top Quote
Kiscsirke
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-22, 13:52

In the end I did succeed, and I already hacked away quite some, but now I also started to update the wiki with more fresh information then what was there.

By the way, I still can't run scons, I installed python and scons, but when I try to run "python SConstruct" It quits with the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SConstruct", line 21, in <module>
    !SetOption('max_drift', 1)
  File "c:\Python26\lib\site-packages\SCons\Script\Main.py", line 481, in !SetOption
    return OptionsParser.values.set_option(name, value)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not callable

Is that command what I need to call? (It probably isn\'t) Is it even supposed to run on windows? (I guess so, I could install SConsto python, and it\'s supposed to be platform independent, but who knows?) Thanks for any help in advance!

Top Quote