Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: map: the thow

slumberjack
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2014-06-28, 23:10

trying hard to beat the ai, but no chance. any hints?

cheers

Top Quote
slumberjack
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2014-06-28, 23:13

oh sorry maps name is 'the thaw'..

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-06-30, 06:59

Most likely you are not producing enough soldiers, or are not training them. Read the game manual (pull down menu above).

Pay attention especially to the economy of the tribe you are playing. Making soldiers and training them require large number of wares. If some are missing, your military strength is not developing.

While playing, the "statistics" -> "stock" -> "wares in stock" probably reveals what you are missing.

Another way is to replay your old games, and see what the AI does. Good luck!

Top Quote
slumberjack
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2014-06-30, 11:28

thx for your help. usually i do win every map after the second attempt. for this one i tried now 7 times. yesterday i modified the map, just to make sure the players meet later. everything is proper developed in my economy but still the ai is always ahead in his military strength ON THIS PARTICULAR MAP. thanks for the 'replay' hint, i saw that the ai's military buildings are only covered by more than one soldier near the boarders. cheers!

Top Quote
wl-zocker

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-06-30, 16:59

i saw that the ai's military buildings are only covered by more than one soldier near the boarders

Yes, you can reduce the number of stationed soldiers in buildings where you do not need them to one. This allows you to fight with more soldiers. Another possibility is to dismantle military buildings inside your area. By doing so, you get some resources, the space and the last soldier. (You should not dismantle all buildings when there is nothing around. Otherwise, your land will be covered by the fog of war which prevents you from building any building there.)

"Only few people know how much one has to know in order to know how little one knows." - Werner Heisenberg

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-07-02, 20:29

If you want to see real professional playing, see the last stages of the Widelands tournaments. Those are played using old development builds. You need to install same versions to watch the replay. This will time consuming and difficult; you probably have to build development versions from source. However, if you manage to take that pain, there are real gems to be found.

Top Quote
dershrimp

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-07-02, 22:07

teppo wrote:

If you want to see real professional playing, see the last stages of the Widelands tournaments.

By the way, is there somebody already thinking about a Tournament 2014? Or..I have read somewhere something about a team competition. Would be fun.

Top Quote