Latest Posts

Topic: Mapeditor and the new version

MegaMatze

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-06-25, 19:25

Ah, thanks for the reply. I will see tomorrow wich way I try.

I'm very much looking foreward to the build14. Can't wait, can't wait, ... face-grin.png

Another thing: I think I saw, that the Babarians tutorial is made by you. How did you get the character pictures into the dialogs? And how did you do it, that the 3rd map has an individual loading screen? Is that difficult?

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-06-25, 19:46

Well it's not difficult at all face-smile.png - the problem is just (as with some triggers and events) that there is no UI for these parts of map generation. For formated text (including pictures) I suggest you read the wiki article about our richtext format for some examples you best take a look at the "event" files of the different campaigns. And if you wonder about the "_" in front of some strings in our campaign files: that's just so Widelands knows which strings have to be translated. face-smile.png

For the loadingscreen: best take a look at the "elemental" file in the campaigns. there should be an entry called "background" or so.

Top Quote
MegaMatze

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-06-26, 08:24

Thank you,

I will play a little bit with that.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-06-26, 08:41

Okay, face-smile.png

the editor bugs are fixed now, so it is surely the best if you switch to our development version, as soon as a new build is available on widelands.8-schuss.de (the versionnumber of the new version should be bigger than 4318)

Btw. are you planing to make the map public or even to donate it to our project? face-smile.png

And perhaps you are interested in creating the official campaign for the atlanteans face-wink.png ?

Cheers Nasenbaer

Top Quote
Pumukel

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-08-23, 15:18

Hallo habe jetzt mit der 14er 4452 für windoof das mal so getestet und musste feststellen, dass da im Editor, aber auch im Spiel, ein großes Durcheinander besteht. Die Anordnung der Elemente in der anzeige der Waren im Lager sollten bei allen Völkern gleich sein und an der gleichen Stelle stehen. Die Elemente die nicht zu dem Volk gehören sollten vorhanden sein und solange ausgeblendet oder grau unterlegt sein, bis die Elemente eingelagert werden. Dies wüde es ermöglichen, auch die waren eines andern Volkes zu übernehmen, sei es durch Handel oder Übername eines Gebietes. In den Baufeldern sollten Ebenfalls alle möglichen Elemente vorhanden sein, so auch das Hauptgebeude, welches aber erst nqach erreichen einer Ereignisbedingung Eingeblendet wird und nur für die Zeit der gültigen Bedingung sichtbar ist. Wrum ist es nicht möglich die Möglichkeiten mehrerer Völker zu nutzen? Bei den Atlantern wüde sich ein Kuh- oder Wisentstall für die Fleichversorgung gut machen. Warum fallen die Häuser nicht einfach ein uns die Rohstoffe bleiben liegen und werden von den Trägern eingelagert, ebenso die die auf der Straße des eroberten Gebites liegen? Wie kann ich den ein verstektes Haupthaus Setzen, welches erst bei Gebietsübernahme übernommen werden kann, wenn die Straße es erreicht?

Top Quote