Latest Posts

Topic: Fishing at Sea

fuzzyMarinevet
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2023-10-29, 13:44

Naval warfare is fun, but when an economy needs fish and can't farm them like the Frissians then fishermen take to the sea. Can we have fishing boats in the game?

Steven M. Seys

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2023-10-29, 15:42

Hi fuzzyMarinevet and welcome to the forums face-smile.png

Recently there was similar question in the german forum and the result was: No, this is difficult to implement and has a huge impact on balancing. So, fishing on the sea will not be implemented, although it might be interesting.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
fuzzyMarinevet
Topic Opener
Version: 1.1
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2023-11-08, 12:37

Vielen dank, mein heer.

Steven M. Seys

Top Quote
tothxa
Version: some new PR I'm testing
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2024-01-16, 12:02

During all the talk about fishers and resources I kept wondering how mine=radius:1 in the fishers' program works. I assume it means they can get fish from one field inside the sea, or from neighbouring fields on the shore, even when those are blocked by immovables. Is that correct? But their findspace=…resource:resource_fish looks for fields that have fish themselves, right?

If both of these are as I think, then that means there is a lot of luck involved in how much fish fishers can get from otherwise unreachable fields in/near their work area, and how much they leave behind in unreachable neighbouring fields when they exhaust the useable fields on their shoreline.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2024-01-16, 14:57

tothxa wrote:

During all the talk about fishers and resources I kept wondering how mine=radius:1 in the fishers' program works. I assume it means they can get fish from one field inside the sea, or from neighbouring fields on the shore, even when those are blocked by immovables. Is that correct? But their findspace=…resource:resource_fish looks for fields that have fish themselves, right?

If both of these are as I think, then that means there is a lot of luck involved in how much fish fishers can get from otherwise unreachable fields in/near their work area, and how much they leave behind in unreachable neighbouring fields when they exhaust the useable fields on their shoreline.

AFAIK it is exactly as described.

Top Quote