Latest Posts

Topic: Wells claim to run out of water but doesn't?

hjd

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2011-06-26, 14:21

I have noticed some strange behaviour from wells. From time to time, when I hover the cursor over a well, it will display the tooltip with "No resource left", just like when mines run out of resources. At first I thought they had run out of water and that I should demolish the building. But then I realized despite of the message it was still producing water. I watched it for a while and over time the productivity went up and down in waves, but it didn't sink down to 0% like empty mines do. So even though the wells reports that they are empty they have no problems keeping production up for the rest of the game. What is causing this? Is water a renewable resource so that it will fill up again over time, or is there a bug here somewhere?

Ships!

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-06-26, 18:16

If I correctly interpreted what I saw,
the terrainconfig file defines a range (4% to 20%)
for the divers terrains, that they have without additional placement
of water by the map maker.
Also the chance to find water, even it the resource is exhausted
is a stunning 65%.
This does neither explain the tooltip, not the oscillating production,
but perhaps that fact, that you never really run out of water.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ChemBro

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2011-06-27, 10:32

You will always have enough water, because the water mechanic didn't work that well (haha), so the devs decided to make water an infinite ressource (or so). It's better this way for now. Getting water was a huge problem some builds ago.

Top Quote
hjd

Topic Opener
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2011-06-30, 21:29

ChemBro wrote: the devs decided to make water an infinite ressource (or so).

I see. Makes sense that water is infinite since it is a renewable resource. Though I wonder if this means the "out of resources" message should be considered a bug?

Getting water was a huge problem some builds ago.

I wasn't aware of that. Must have been before I got involved.

Edited: 2011-06-30, 21:48

Ships!

Top Quote