Latest Posts

Topic: Strategy to get started - A guide for new players.

eastwind
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-05-27, 14:02

Hello fellow Widelands players.

As a help to myself when playing Widelands as an Empire, I have started a small website on my own web server. This is a personal project but I have been encouraged to share it with anyone who may be starting out playing Widelands.

Below is a direct link to the page dedicated to starting a game. A few other pages are also slowly growing in content. If you want to go from the page listed here to the rest of my site, click on the "home" link at the top of the page. Happy playing and also a HUGE thank you to everyone else who has contributed in anyway to this magnificent game.

The link -> http://shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands/webSite/webPageDisplay.php?page1=7

Hi guys, EastWind here. I am a fan of Widelands. I have started my own website promoting the game with a link to this site.

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-05-28, 07:55

Hi Eastwind!

So WL has reached "down under"! Good! Have been thinking lately about adding some typical Australian immovables to our Desert world (Spinifex?) Any ideas, photos you could show?

Have fun playing ... face-smile.png

I have found one thing in your site that will need an update: The Barbarian Lumberjack's tool is now a "felling axe", and so no more the same as the basic soldier's equipment.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
eastwind
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-05-28, 12:48

Hi Astuur

Thanks for the info about the axe. I have taken out the reference to the lumberjack.

I don't have any photos of the Australian desert myself but I will ask my daughter. She used to live on the edge of the desert in Victoria.

We have camels here, imported of course. They are used for riding and carrying provisions in the Australian outback. Maybe you could consider our goana (huge native lizard) as an animal to hunt and eat. There is one species that lives in our desert. Or just include their skeletons as immovables.

Hi guys, EastWind here. I am a fan of Widelands. I have started my own website promoting the game with a link to this site.

Top Quote
eastwind
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2011-09-23, 07:32

Hi Widelands lovers,

I have now completed a page showing the buildings for an Empire with a short explanation of the consumables needed for each building to function. This is intended for beginners and adds to my previous posted page link. The newly completed page is http://shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands/webSite/webPageDisplay.php?page1=5

Top Quote
eastwind
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2012-01-20, 07:43

Hi Guys,

I have now completed my personal page on the products used in the Empire. If you are new to the game or just would like a text listing of the products from the Empire, you are invited to visit my web server and take advantage of my efforts. URL - http://shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands and then go to the Empire category and load the page titled Empire products listing.

Just to make it right with the people who did the original hard work for this page - A considerable amount of written information and all of the graphics on the shachaq.no-ip.org/Widelands website have been taken from Widelands.org and this content is being used under the GPL.

EastWind

Top Quote