Latest Posts

Topic: Crash trying to play campaigns

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 10:25

This is about svn 3792 (Tino's compilation on Win32) Fresh install, no modifications All files deleted prior to install

For the first time ever I tried to play a campaign (so probably not related to this svn)

WL crashes after clicking onto "campaign" button.

Stdout.txt is:

[] Section [global], key 'write_HTML' not used (did you spell the name correctly?)

[] Section [global], key 'EXENAME' not used (did you spell the name correctly?)

Sound_Handler: loaded song "music[backslash]intro_00.ogg"

Sound_Handler: loaded song "music[backslash]menu_00.ogg"

Can anybody please help me with this?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 11:04

Are you sure it's 3792? Because exactly that problem should have been fixed in that revision...

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 11:18

Nasenbaer wrote: Are you sure it's 3792? Because exactly that problem should have been fixed in that revision...

Ah - glad you're helping me ....

Yes, I'm sure -- downloaded and installed today.

I just rechecked the file properties of widelands.exe. Strangely it says Created March 7th, 2009 Modified: April 11, 2009 File version: 0.0.0.13 svn3792

Edited: 2009-04-12, 11:26

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 11:40

hmmm i just tried it with a clean reinstall of saied version on Windows2008 and had no problem - the campaign menu showed up as it should and the first campaign loaded as well. Did you perhaps install over an old version?

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 12:05

I have a "double install" could this be the problem?

I have a Widelands_SVN3792 subdir where i had the previous original SVN installed. (all files deleted Subdir renamed) I installed svn3792 in there by changing the installation path default.

Then I have a "Widelands" folder which I use for experimenting (modified conf files, pngs etc.) I did a binary comparison there and left in my modified files, and replaced changed files from svn3792.

The crash happens with both installations. Does WL create any windows registry entries that might have gotten mixed up?

I'm on XP home SP3 And what is Windows 2008?

Edited: 2009-04-12, 12:31

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 12:49

Normally Widelands does not mess up registry ;) It is possible - altough I don't think so - that both version are reading the modified version of the data and so the bug is placed there.

perhaps you could come online in that caht, than I would send you an up to date campvis file which properly leads to that crash - would be interesting to know if it crashes as well, if you have that file.

And "Windows 2008" = "Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition" is a server version of windows I got via msdnaa via university - it's Microsofts way of pushing Windows in university: they give their newest Windows version gratis to students

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-12, 19:31

We did not find the answer to this riddle.

However it is possible to copy the subdir from the campaign folder into the maps folder and mark "load map as scenario". This solution from Nasenbaer works well for me

Top Quote