Latest Posts

Topic: ERROR v1.3 in linux

memyselfandi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 13:56

widelands v.1.1 does work without any problem. but i tried to install v.1.3. the menu starts but when i try to play a campain it says: ...could not load animation frame... see here http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4374/bildschirmfotowidelands.png

so now i'm wondering what to do... can someone help memyselfandi?? greets

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 14:03

hi face-smile.png

you should deinstall the old version - obviously your build11 is still installed, as the picture noted in the bugreport is from that version.

So try to uninstall all older versions and than try to restart build13 face-smile.png

Top Quote
memyselfandi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 14:23

no that had no other effect. i already tried to copy /tribes/.../walkload_ne_00.png and renamed it to xxx_01.png. but after that it asked for xxx_02.png and so on.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 14:41

are you sure there are no other versions installed? It's really important to clean up all remaining versions so only the newest version is installed.

Top Quote
memyselfandi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 14:44

Game: Reading Command Queue Data ... done Game: Reading Interactive Player Data ... done Done reloading the game from replay Replay writer has started [sync] Reset Object_Manager: ouch! remaining objects lastserial: 673 WARNING: picture 3 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 6 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 8 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 10 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 12 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 14 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!! WARNING: picture 16 with module = 0x80 has not been freed (u.{fname,rendertarget} = (nil)). Some code may try to free it later, which would cause undefined behaviour!!!

Unexpected error during the game [src/render.cc:492] could not load animation frame tribes/barbarians/workers/gamekeeper/walkload_ne_01.png: [src/render.cc:434] wrong size: (16, 30), should be (29, 32) like the first frame

Please report this problem to help us improve Widelands. You will find related messages in the standard output (stdout.txt on Windows). You are using build build-13. Please add this information to your report.

Widelands attempts to create a savegame when errors occur during the game. It is often - though not always - possible to load it and continue playing. .................................................. just have run it in the terminal and he have also shown this here.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 15:02

Don't get me wrong I understand the problem, but it's obvious, that you have installed older versions somewhere.

perhaps you installed the build13 directly over the old build11 so some files of build11 were left...

I don't know - but the problem simply is, that you must uninstall all older widelands versions. So perhaps also delete the whole widelands directory and reinstall it.

So perhaps it would help to know what linux version you use and how you installed widelands:

Did you install the package from our page? Did you install via a package management system?

How did you install build11 before?

Top Quote
memyselfandi

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 15:50

okay okay... my fault. i've just cleaned up the system and so and now it works :D danke nasenbAEr

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-04-11, 16:03

No problem! face-smile.png

Wish you much fun playing! face-smile.png

Und frohe Ostern! face-smile.png

Top Quote