Latest Posts

Topic: Question about the creation of new soldiers

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 09:25

Yesterday I was trying to act smart, but failed.
I again wanted better trained soldiers and not bigger numbers of untrained or evade-only-trained soldiers, and thought I had found a way to do that.
Since each imperial soldier needs a wood lance and a helmet, I had blocked storage of wood lances in all but one warehouse, and storage of helmets in all but another one.
So I thought, no new soldiers should show up, since no warehouse has all the stuff needed.
But I was wrong.

It looks like warehouses still produce new soldiers, whether they have wood lances and helmet, or not.
Did I misunderstand something?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 09:40

We have a mechanism by which weapons are transported to the same warehouse, precisely because there used to be problems when armoursmiths were in different parts of the world than weaponsmiths. I don't remember off the top of my head, but it's possible that this mechanism overrides the storage settings.

Top Quote
Venatrix
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 11:34

That’s strange. I mean, I remember me a while ago having sorrows about not getting soldiers when the storage settings weren’t changeable. So it would have been nice to know about that feature (the changeable settings came along while I played that level, so I never learned about that feature). But now that you can command your storages, I think there’s no need for this feature any more. As Astuur showed, it could even disturb your plans.

Two is the oddest prime.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 15:13

Oh... an extra mechanism outside the normal logic!
That's a bit unusual. Thanks for explaining Ixprefect.

@ Venatrix: I wished they would let me do this little trick, but I dont think they will. face-smile.png

Too big is the danger that some newcomer stumbles across this, and we all would have to explain this over and over again here.
Maybe it can be done in some other way sooner or later.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 16:32

Well, the notion that given the manual controls for warehouse storage, players could just deal with bringing weapons and shields into one place by themselves certainly makes sense. I don't have a strong opinion on whether the logic for automatic transporting weapons and shields around should stay or go.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2011-02-28, 18:00

Hhmmm.... you're raising high hopes here, Ixprefect face-smile.png
This would be the only way I have found so far, to have some control over the matter of "recruiting rate"! I don't think there is any other way.
The rest, like training evade, or else attack, defend and hitpoints -- or both of them can be controlled by switching the corresponding building to stopped. I'd really be very happy to see this come true!

Top Quote
Qweesdy

Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2011-04-05, 10:10

Hi,

I'd rather see an extra building that has to be built to make more soldiers. Weapons and armour go in and soldiers come out, as long as you don't use the normal "stop production" button. Then you could maybe even upgrade the building to produce higher quality soldiers (with slightly higher initial stats, and slighty higher "maximum after training" stats).

It'd be similar to the way scouts are created now; and you'd be able to add more new buildings to the game later (like shipyards, etc).

• Qweesdy

Top Quote