Latest Posts

Topic: 2022 Tournament Replays

hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2280
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-09-11, 15:03

WorldSavior wrote:

Inviting to the team? So both are 1 team and win? --> Draw? Lol

Exactly. that was what happened both won. But Mars was fair enough to admit he had lost as technically it was a draw.

Watching the game was fun though as the race was close but MArs secured access to the stones and the-x's land. However instead of first bringing his military power up he himself opened half of the stone passage rather then waiting for the-x. If he had waited it could have been an epic fight.

Replay didn't show it. --> Bug? Replays tend to not show the very last action, as they end the replay.

not a bug but a missing feature I would say. we would need to have a notifications dropdown as in the real game to show such messages to spectators or save them in replays.


Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 2182
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-11, 17:11

the-x wrote:

kaputtnik wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

The-x won against Mars after lauching a big attack. Mars provided the way for the attack though. However Mars sent an invite message instead of give up and the-x accidenatally accepted. So the replay is a draw, while Mars confirmed the victory of the-x verbally. Thanks for the sportsmanship and a warning to everybody just to click ok.

Watching the replay i would bet Mars would win the game. Don't know why Mars thinks the-x had won…

You have to watch the whole replay ; ) intresting thesis - but can you give some reason for your thoughts?

Fact is, military statistic shows the-x had 5x as much units at 1:27

Sorry, i have interchanged the colors and thought red was Mars face-sad.png


Wir sind alle nur chemische Marionetten,
hängen an Desoxyribonukleinsäureketten.

Jazzkantine - Alles nur Chemie

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1991
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-11, 21:49

kaputtnik wrote:

Sorry, i have interchanged the colors and thought red was Mars face-sad.png

You did nothing wrong: The Mars is clearly red face-grin.png


Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1991
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-17, 19:03

This is the replay of my Match vs Hasi.

Spoiler alert: I won

Edit: No further bugs / glitches discovered.

Edited: 2022-09-17, 19:19

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Avatar
Joined: 2013-02-18, 20:48
Posts: 2182
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-19, 17:05

Maybe it's a good idea to publish the replays only after all matches of a round were played?

So the participants couldn't imitate tactics from other players.


Wir sind alle nur chemische Marionetten,
hängen an Desoxyribonukleinsäureketten.

Jazzkantine - Alles nur Chemie

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1991
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-19, 18:15

kaputtnik wrote:

Maybe it's a good idea to publish the replays only after all matches of a round were played?

So the participants couldn't imitate tactics from other players.

Your idea certainly has some advantages. At the other hand, it doesn't fit well to the policy that matches are open for spectators and announced. It will be hard to keep replays secret.


Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2280
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-09-19, 19:38

@kaputtnik
I see your point. However I had to evaluate the secrecy of some moves with the fun of watching other peoples games. And I am clearly in favor of offering the possibility to watch the game over the problems arising from this.


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2280
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-09-21, 21:22

here is the replay of my match vs Hasi. Thanks to a strategy I learned from Kaputtnik I was able to win.


Attachment: replay_hessenfarmer_hasi.zip (424.8 KB)

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 1991
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-09-21, 23:09

hessenfarmer wrote:

here is the replay of my match vs Hasi. Thanks to a strategy I learned from Kaputtnik I was able to win.

I think I know the strategy you are talking about. I've seen SirVer using it six years ago face-wink.png


Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 1660
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2022-09-24, 11:24

Replay Nordfriese (EMP) vs Seefahrer (BAR)

Winner: Nordfriese


Just a note: After the game started, it hung for about a minute on my machine (I assume Seefahrer's computer was slower to load and initialize the game). I used this delay to already place a bunch of buildings. So don't be surprised why all those constructionsites appear all at once face-smile.png

Edited: 2022-09-24, 11:27

Attachment: Nordfriese_Seefahrer.zip (476.0 KB)

Top Quote