Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Tournament 2022

WorldSavior
Avatar
Joined: 2016-10-15, 04:10
Posts: 2014
OS: Linux
Version: 1.1-rc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-10-17, 22:20

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

ok I now decided that round 5 will be played on official Map "Four Mountains".
to make it a bit more interesting I think about allowing custom start positions. Any opinions?

Actually the map is not very balanced and its not nice that trees grow that badly there

Well, to overcome some imbalance of the starting positions with respect to the placement of the surrounding immovables, I thought about custom start positions. If we restrict them to the quadrant of the own starting position, would this be fair enough?

I don't think so, because one player needs to chose the spot first, which could either be an advantage (if there is only 1 good spot) or a disadvantage (as the opponent can chose the distance). Furthermore "quadrant" is hard to define...


Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
the-x
Avatar
Joined: 2019-01-19, 13:23
Posts: 903
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-10-17, 22:47

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

ok I now decided that round 5 will be played on official Map "Four Mountains".
to make it a bit more interesting I think about allowing custom start positions. Any opinions?

Actually the map is not very balanced and its not nice that trees grow that badly there

Well, to overcome some imbalance of the starting positions with respect to the placement of the surrounding immovables, I thought about custom start positions. If we restrict them to the quadrant of the own starting position, would this be fair enough?

I don't think so, because one player needs to chose the spot first, which could either be an advantage (if there is only 1 good spot) or a disadvantage (as the opponent can chose the distance). Furthermore "quadrant" is hard to define...

from logic point of view - both player have the same distance to each other and can choose their own strategies -> we wanted to have 1 or 2 open maps, other possibilities "The River" or a mirror and balanced map "Eisenhold"


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2353
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-10-18, 13:49

*WorldSavior wrote:

I don't think so, because one player needs to chose the spot first, which could either be an advantage (if there is only 1 good spot) or a disadvantage (as the opponent can chose the distance). Furthermore "quadrant" is hard to define...

Well each starting position is currently at the intersection of 2 lines drawn through the middle of the mountains. by quadrant i meant the quadratic sector buil by the 4 mountains (their center point to be exact). However I see your point of the selection order, which is a pity as I would have loved to see this feature in a tournament where it doesn't fit obviously.

So starting positions remain as they are, but are free selectable by the players. for the selection order the normal rules will applly


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2353
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-10-18, 17:25

Round 5 is up However I made a mistake this afternoon, and needed to correct the pairings. Thanks @tothxa for finding it.

please note the new version for this round as well.(will be the RC for 1.1)


Top Quote
Mars
Joined: 2009-03-28, 10:26
Posts: 105
Ranking
Likes to be here
Location: Germany
Posted at: 2022-10-18, 23:13

The game WorldSavior - Mars will take place tomorrow, October 19th, 20.00 CEST.


Edit:

The forum says: "Posted at: Tomorrow, 00:13 "

So it is probably: today, October 19th, 20.00 CEST.

Edited: 2022-10-18, 23:18

Top Quote
tothxa
Avatar
Joined: 2021-03-24, 12:44
Posts: 272
OS: antix / Debian
Version: latest master
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2022-10-19, 11:24

kaputtnik vs. tothxa will start on Saturday, 22th October at 23:00 CEST.


Top Quote
Nordfriese
Avatar
Joined: 2017-01-17, 18:07
Posts: 1728
OS: Ubuntu MATE 22.10
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: 0x55555d3a34c0
Posted at: 2022-10-19, 18:12

the-x vs Nordfriese: Saturday the 22nd at 11:00 a.m. CEST


Top Quote
niektory
Avatar
Joined: 2019-06-03, 20:06
Posts: 204
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Location: Poland
Posted at: 2022-10-19, 19:16

Hasi50 vs. niektory: Thursday the 20th at 20:00 CEST.


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2353
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-10-28, 19:42

the match hessenfarmer vs Seefahrer has to be postponed due to massive internet problems on Seefahrer's side


Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Avatar
Joined: 2014-12-11, 23:16
Posts: 2353
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Location: Bavaria
Posted at: 2022-10-30, 22:50

Our tournament is over and Seefahrer mentioned in our match that the new diplomacy feature (except for resigning) was not really tested. Apart from an accidental test in one of the first matches of course ;-).

So he came up with the idea of having some final event like a battle royale with full diplomacy options.

Therefore here is my question: Would anybody be interested in a big last match on a map big enougfh for all players. And what would be a good map for such an event.


Top Quote