Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Better Scaling of Buildings and Goods

the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-01-11, 14:44

I thought about scaling & experimented a bit. In my opinion, buildings, goods, and settlers look best at a 400% scale. Otherwise I am looking for other possibilities to make these 3 categories bigger. Maybe in the next version, but are there other options?

The problem with these extremely small textures that we currently have is that you have no chance of recognizing them at all on 4k. Even with HD they are extremely small and you have to bend closer to the screen, which is unhealthy for your back. It's also unhealthy for the eyes.

Do you know all the possibilities, also except for scaling, how this problem can be solved?

Ich habe nochmal über die Skalierung nachgedacht & ein bisschen herumexperimentiert. Meiner Meinung nach sehen Gebäude, Waren und Siedler bei einer Skalierung von 400% am besten aus. Andernfalls suche ich andere Möglichkeiten, um genau diese 3 Kategorien größer werden zu lassen. Vielleicht in der nächsten Version, gibt es aber noch andere Möglichkeiten? Das Problem bei diesen extrem kleinsten Texturen, die wir zur Zeit haben, ist dass man auf 4k keine Chance hat diese überhaupt zu erkennen. Auch bei HD sind sind sie extremst klein und man muss sich näher an den Bilrschirrm beugen was für Rücken ungesund ist. Außerdem ist das auch für die Augen ungesund. Kennt ihr irgendwelche Möglichkeiten, auch außer Skailierung, wie sich dieses Problem lösen kann?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-01-11, 20:22

there is only one solution for this. We need to find someone who knows blender and is willing to contribute his knowledge to the project to remodel and afterwards export all graphics from the legacy tribe in sufficient resolution and quality (these look bad if fully zoomed in in full HD res). Afterwards we need some coders with knowledge how to scale our richtext strings to adapt these as well.
So far no one stood up and volunteered for these tasks, so everyone is invited.

Top Quote
tothxa
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2022-01-12, 09:37

I was able to load some old models and scripts in Blender 2.79 on my Debian oldstable when I tried. I don't have the artistic skills nor Blender proficiency to remodel them, but I may be able to just reexport them in higher resolution, and adjust the sizes to fit the new ones. I hope that will give good results, because I think they are very high quality and shouldn't be changed just for the sake of it. I'll give it a try, but can't promise any more yet.

Unfortunately the Blender version in current Debian stable is incompatible with the models, so the texturing gets lost. It's a pity, because the user interface finally got modernised, so I'd be halfway comfortable actually touching the models. But I'm not in a hurry to upgrade my system anyway.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2022-01-12, 11:40

each model that can be reexported in the correct scales of our 4 zooming steps would improve our graphics dramatically. So if you would be able to do this for the legacy tribes or even parts of them would be a very big improvement.

Top Quote