Latest Posts

Topic: Widelands - The Way to Rome

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-29, 19:04

I created a new Game: Widelands - The Way to Rome

• Buildings are now mathematical to the way someone is playing: reed for stronger expansion, log for high industry and defense buildings, stone for the fast expansion and grout for Farms means planned expansion in food

• Buildins are now playing together: roman sentry expands a bit more, the blockhouse has 1 less expansion but +7 sigh. sentry costs 3 stone, blockhouse costs 3 wood, so choose your way wisely by forming your economy

• love it so much I wouldnt get back to the old, once played

• Upgrades are logically build up with Coal, Iron & Gold, adding a macrobalance for all 4 tribes

• Start is super easy also for newcomers to widelands, whilst the perfect strategy has so many options promising not even our best 5 players will magage it. They will find ways and exciting strategies but it now is impossibly to perform in a row of perfection

• solves 2 mainissues: roads are no longer blocked when you give a lot of constructions and players dont lock themselves when they build something late, like a spiderfarm which screws some games of new or advanced players

I'm not sure yet if we like to imlement parts of it face-wink.png Opinions about The Way to Rome?

Hope you like it

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-29, 19:13

If you like to participate in a Tournament whilst trying these changes out, just comment with "I want to participate"

Here it is, finally finished:

• . - . -

Widelands - The Way to Rome

https://fil.email/bY0drzZG

• . - . -

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-10-30, 15:46

Just added the following:

• Gameplay is smoother by adjusting the tower radiuses and Atlantean Towers are no longer a lot stronger than the others, beginning expansion is a bit faster

• Efficiency is adjusted to costs of buildings and to relativly strengh of units

• Sorts soldiers a lot faster by accelerating skipping processes

Top Quote