Latest Posts

Topic: Improved soldier handling for training sites

tartarus
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-07, 09:07

In order to find out which soldiers will be sent to a training camp I made the following test:

The HQ contains 20 soldiers with evade 0 and 20 with evade 2. There are enough weapons, helmets and food. Next to the HQ is a training camp.

Each time when the training camp requests a new soldier, the HQ send an untrained soldier.

For the arena I made the following test:

The HQ contains 20 soldiers with hp3/attack5 and 20 without any upgrades. There is enough food and strong beer. Next to the HQ is an arena.

Each time when the arena requests a new soldier, the HQ send an non-upgraded soldier.

I wonder if this is what the HQ should do because it leads to an inefficient use of resources.

Top Quote
teppo
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 13:49

tartarus wrote:

Each time when the arena requests a new soldier, the HQ send an non-upgraded soldier.

I suppose that the HQ sends the soldier that has been there longest. It does not look at training level.

I think that the training sites could self-micromanage themselves by default. Would not be too difficult to implement.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 14:29

the hq does not prioritize according to soldier promotions.

rather, all the soldiers in it are stored in order. when a building requires a new soldier, the hq (or any warehouse) sends the first soldier in the list, if it has the right prerequisites. when a new soldier enters the hq, it goes to the bottom of the list.

So, i think you observed that behavior because you first trained those 20 soldiers, and they were sent to the bottom of the list, so the next soldiers that came out where the unpromoted ones.

and yes, i agree it is very inefficient. that's why skilled players micromanage training sites. adding a button to prioritize high level soldiers into the training sites would be a good idea, if someone hasn't done it already

Top Quote
teppo
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 19:42

king_of_nowhere wrote:

and yes, i agree it is very inefficient. that's why skilled players micromanage training sites. adding a button to prioritize high level soldiers into the training sites would be a good idea, if someone hasn't done it already

If the training sites would micromanage themselves, they could:

• Prefer already partially trained soldiers, when available (gives more supersoldiers)
  • Prefer soldiers that can be promoted, based on past experience (like Atlantean dungeon could be used as evade-only site, or more efficient training in some no-gold maps)
  • Prefer soldiers that have visited "the other" training site (more supersoldiers; all but Frisians)
  • Prefer soldiers that match minimum training on all trainable fields, not just one (more supersoldiers for the Frisians)

Either there is a huge load of difficult-to-explain radio buttons, or the generic discriminate somehow button will cause confusion. I would prefer only two (or one) choice(s).

The two uppermost bullet points are incompatible. If the user cannot choose between those, the site could work like this: If a training completes, aim for more supersoldiers (uppermost bullet point); if training repeatedly fails, aim to do something (second one).

Now, I cannot think of any situation where player would not want one of the two lower bullet points, and neither a situation where player would not want either of the two upper bullet points. If this is true, then what is the point of choosing in the first place? All I can think of is differentiating between "prefer" and "only do this".

Top Quote