Default Game Speed

Latest Posts

Topic: Injured Soldiers should not attack

kangnguyen
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-02, 11:13

Hello,

it would be very good if (badly) injured Soldiers would not attack. It would be even better if this would be an ingame option.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-02, 11:15

Hi kangnguyen, Welcome to the forums. In recent development branch there is a feature to select exactly the soldiers for an attack so you can exclude injured soldiers from the attack

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-03, 20:47

It would also be good if badly injured soldiers would not leave their buildings for defensive interceptions.

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 13:32

It would also be good if badly injured soldiers would not leave their buildings for defensive interceptions.

It often happens that all soldiers except one go out to intercept the invaders, and only one soldier stays inside. If the attacker sends lots of soldiers, one of them will reach the building´s entrance anyway – I would then prefer to have my strongest soldier remain inside, because if the five supersoldiers are out fighting and the one injured rookie defends the entrance, the building is soon lost.

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 14:47

Maybe setting threshold for soldiers to stay in buildings would help?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-06, 17:07

Nordfriese wrote:

It often happens that all soldiers except one go out to intercept the invaders, and only one soldier stays inside. If the attacker sends lots of soldiers, one of them will reach the building´s entrance anyway – I would then prefer to have my strongest soldier remain inside, because if the five supersoldiers are out fighting and the one injured rookie defends the entrance, the building is soon lost.

Good point. So it would be necessary that at least one healthy soldier would stay in the building if only injured soldiers would stay there otherwise.

stonerl wrote:

Maybe setting threshold for soldiers to stay in buildings would help?

Maybe yes

“It's a threat to our planet to believe that someone else will save it.” - Robert Swan

Top Quote
jmoerschbach
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-12-07, 14:57

Maybe let the player explicitely choose/send the intercepting soldiers by herself? Just like selecting the soldiers to attack, she could select the soldiers to come to aid (aka intercept) when being attacked?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 19:31

jmoerschbach wrote:

Maybe let the player explicitely choose/send the intercepting soldiers by herself? Just like selecting the soldiers to attack, she could select the soldiers to come to aid (aka intercept) when being attacked?

It's just that I see some arguments against that:

First of all, it could take a lot of time for the attacker to defeat all defenders.

And currently it's a disadvantage for the defender if the army is already at the entrance, because there it can happen that the defending soldier wants to retreat but the attackers stop him. A button for "defenders attack attackers" would neglect this disadvantage. At the other hand, do we really need this "feature" that the attackers stop the defending soldiers from retreating?

Top Quote
teppo
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 19:46

WorldSavior wrote:

At the other hand, do we really need this "feature" that the attackers stop the defending soldiers from retreating?

Good question. I think that the defender should have a (small) advantage over attacker. This emphasizes economy building over military strategies.

Top Quote